Thread: voltage drops when stoping

Full Throttle

voltage drops when stoping

When my car's voltage drops at the end of a stop or letting off throttle, the lights dim and gauge drop way below 13 volts but soon they recover themselves. It can happen at night with the lights on or when the AC is running or it will just do it out of nowhere. I will say it is more prone to do it in the first 30 mins of driving. I have researched the topic on here and have posted in one of the threads awhile back. I have come up with three problems it could be. A bad alternator, dirty/bad grounds, and the injector tables being wrong. People have said that when switching over to a bigger injector this got rid of the problem. So first what are the injector table people are using for bosch gtp injectors? Can I rebuild the stock alternator or do I have to get a new one, and where are the grounds located? This has been happening for years and yesterday I had the car die on me after letting off throttle coming into an intersection, so I need to solve this problem.
    -Patrick

2000 camaro: zzp xp-cam(130vs,dual timing chain,retainers),Hp tuners pro, LM1 wideband, pacesetter headers, custom true dual exhaust, full intake, stock lsd and 3.42 gears, !egr, msd wires, blistein rear and KYB front shocks.

Build in progress: Procharger P1sc-1 head unit, headunit rebuild kit, bosch by-pass valve, Walbro, progressive AEM meth injection, custom bracket, no intercooler.

PB 1/8th: only mod was Flowmaster muffler 9.94sec

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I had this issue with my TA, but not quite that bad. I upgraded the grounds and it helped a bunch. After I installed a cam and paid to have it tuned, I have zero issues with this.

Thread from '08:
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ghlight=ground

I don't totally know everything they changed in the low end/idle tables. I do know they bumped the idle rpms up some.
    Keith
    "I was plum surprised."

99 Camaro - sold
    99 TA and 2005 GMC Canyon

The post above sounds like a good fix. I don't see how changing the injectors would help. It's one of two problems; either bad grounds or the rectifier can't take the electrical load.

Full Throttle
    Here is Dan's thread about the issue. People found that when they which and tuned for injectors that the problem went away.
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...talling-issues

Can someone point me to the location of the grounds that I need to check. I will most likly do the Big3 wire upgrade but I want to make sure everything is tight.
    -Patrick

2000 camaro: zzp xp-cam(130vs,dual timing chain,retainers),Hp tuners pro, LM1 wideband, pacesetter headers, custom true dual exhaust, full intake, stock lsd and 3.42 gears, !egr, msd wires, blistein rear and KYB front shocks.

Build in progress: Procharger P1sc-1 head unit, headunit rebuild kit, bosch by-pass valve, Walbro, progressive AEM meth injection, custom bracket, no intercooler.

PB 1/8th: only mod was Flowmaster muffler 9.94sec

On the ls1 the engine ground was on the drivers side. It was a flat breaded wire about 3/8 inch wide, went from the block to the frame. I don't remember where it was on the 3.8.
    Keith
    "I was plum surprised."

99 Camaro - sold

emertxE elttorhT lluF
    Wow thanks guys, I just asked this exact same question not two weeks ago and no one replied.
    2009 Civic SI
    2007 Cbr 1000
    2002 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by fbodytech View Post
    Wow thanks guys, I just asked this exact same question not two weeks ago and no one replied.
    Sorry. I often only read the lounge since I no longer have my v6. It seems alot of the old school crowd does the same.
    Keith
    "I was plum surprised."

99 Camaro - sold

emertxE elttorhT lluF
    All good, just poking fun. It wont get fixed anyways.

To the op, try upgrading charging system wires, if no change try a new alt. If still no change its in the PCM as this is a TSB with vehicle.
    2009 Civic SI
    2007 Cbr 1000
    2002 Firebird