Thread: What to do? Not another newb post

What to do? Not another newb post

So I use to be a troll or this site and another unnamed site a while back before my car sat idle for a long time. I recently got the engine rebuilt and a lot of other key items restored after sitting for a few years.
    Long story short is the mechanic working on my car vanished and so did my Air lid and tubing. I have the good ol' Fast Toys "CAI" but I have no lid, or piping to my angled TB. I have done some searching and have found that I will needlessly have to invest in a whole new CAI and spend a crap load of cash for nothing new or scrounge through a junk yard and hopefully find a 98 with an aftermarket intake.
    If anyone has a better idea please let me know. I have been out of the market for a while and I am sure I am missing something. Always happy to buy from a fellow F-body owner.
    1998 Silver Camaro - Headers, TSP Rumbler, LSD 3.42 gears, Bilstein Shocks, Springs, 32/19 Sways, Hurst Shifter/Short throw, Stage 2 clutch...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You can fab up an LS1 lid to work with your angled TB . I just ordered mine from summit yesterday..
    You'll need the lid , 2 x 4" to 3" reducer couplers , a 3" coupler , 3" 90degree bend and a 3" flexible air hose .. I can send you a link if you want , its been done before..
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Koni 4/3 - Strano 35/22 - SFC - 19" Luff M1 Wheels - Pacesetter Headers - True Duals - 234 Cam - 3800 Stall - D&S Rotors & SS Brake Lines - SLP LS1 Lid - Detroit Truetrac & 4.10's - AL.D/S - PCMforless Tune +HPtuners - Taylor 8.2 Spiro Pro- HD2 Shift kit - |||| -- ---- .
    www.fquick.com/98vertFirebird --- www.youtube.com/dt262

I would appreciate it. I have a LS1 lid already in the garage. Really want to get this car back on the road as soon as possible.
    1998 Silver Camaro - Headers, TSP Rumbler, LSD 3.42 gears, Bilstein Shocks, Springs, 32/19 Sways, Hurst Shifter/Short throw, Stage 2 clutch...

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ilencer+delete

check out post 47 , use a few couplers to make the LS1 lid work , mine has been shipped today so I'll be doing the same very soon .. 98 specific lids are hard to come by anyway .
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Koni 4/3 - Strano 35/22 - SFC - 19" Luff M1 Wheels - Pacesetter Headers - True Duals - 234 Cam - 3800 Stall - D&S Rotors & SS Brake Lines - SLP LS1 Lid - Detroit Truetrac & 4.10's - AL.D/S - PCMforless Tune +HPtuners - Taylor 8.2 Spiro Pro- HD2 Shift kit - |||| -- ---- .

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, 98 Lids are rough. I would probably have a better chance getting a 99+ TB to throw on the car instead.

that would be cool but you need mroe then a TB , I believe thr 99+ ones are electronic while the 98 angled ones are wire driven ones .. youd also need a 99+ PCM if im not mistaken..
    Jim - 98'Firebird Vert.

Light Throttle
    ... and the DBW computer its sort of a stand alone deal. if you were to do that your best bet would be a 99+ upper intake and put your 98 TB on it. changing from the 98 to the 99+ TB wont change anything besides DBC to DBW the angle is in the upper intake.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L T5: K&N drop in, gutted stock lid, cat delete, magnaflow SI/SO replacement, HP tuners, moser 12 bolt 4.10 posi
    10 bolt: best of 9.8 at 72 mph with 2.3 60'
    12 bolt: best of 9.5 at 73 mph with 2.0 60'
    both on the same 245/55r16 hankook street tires

Quote Originally Posted by 1slobird View Post
    ... and the DBW computer its sort of a stand alone deal. if you were to do that your best bet would be a 99+ upper intake and put your 98 TB on it. changing from the 98 to the 99+ TB wont change anything besides DBC to DBW the angle is in the upper intake.
    Not to mention that I believe the bolts are different between the two tb's

Sent from my EVolV Hero Port using Tapatalk
    98 V6 camaro... Heads and cam comming soon