Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new black rims

YES! THOSE ARE SOME INCREDIBLE PRICES!!!!! Too bad there are no 16s on the entire website. They do look incredible, but a badass chrome wheel with no tires is alot like a submarine with a wire screen door

The price on those is so good that it would almost make sense to go ahead and buy them and save up for tires later...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by quicksixRS View Post
    A friend of mine has a set of chrome firehawk wheels he's looking to sell. We can stop by his house Saturday on the way to Hooters if you'd like.
    Hey man! Thanks for the meet last weekend! Those wheels looked so cool on your car! I have decided to save up and buy a set of 17s in the near future. BTW, tell Jeremy that he needs to sign up his 2011 Ford Mustang on this site. That car really rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
    OEWheels has crazy good prices on Vette replicas. I was looking at some ZR1's, for all 4 chrome was around 460 bucks.
    ^^^ That's where I got mine, Wheels/Tires shipped i think i Paid about a grand

I decided to come back to this post instead of creating a new post. I found a guy here in Memphis that does a bunch of custom powdercoating. he quoted me at $50 bucks per wheel to get em done. He has his own shop and website.

I was "thinking" about getting the wheels powdercoated in red instead of black. There are alot of folks that have the black wheels around here. I was trying to go a little different without being "ricey"

Total cost to have the tires removed and mounted + rebalanced should be around an additional $50, and I will keep the tires until they wear out. I will then plan on getting some 17's at the OE wheels store.

I am up for suggestions on other colors. Anybody got pics of powdercoated wheels (not painted)?

I forgot to post these pics... I decided to give the DIYer a shot, and belive it or not these wheels came out looking fabulous. What else can you do when your car is down for over a whole year while you save up to buy a new engine and build a turbo system... The centerpieces are actually emblems that I purchased on ebay. The wheels were painted with flat black VHT Wheel Paint and clear gloss. I did the wheel ring by spraying the outer diameter with red VHTCaliper Paint, letting it dry, and then using one of those cheap wheel ring stickers that you can also get on Ebay for $8. I chose 1/8 inch to fit where the wheel weights would normally go. I let the paint dry, placed the stickers on and then painted the rest of the wheel in black. Removed the stickers and presto, you have a offset color wheel ring. I think I spent about $60 total for all the paint and supplies. I took me roughly 8 hours of work to prep, sand, paint and finish all the wheels. Received several compliments about how professional the work looks! Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think you did a good job on the wheels man, The job looks pretty good just not a fan of the red on the wheel. Car looks clean as well minus all that vinyl!
    2007 Acura TL Black on Black w/Navi
    1996 Camaro Base - Sold
    1995 Firebird - Sold
    1999 Firebird - Sold
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Sold

i like it, any more pics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12