Thread: So I finally enlisted in the Navy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So I finally enlisted in the Navy

After having considered it for years, it has finally happened. As of right now I'm enlisted for SECF, which was my second choice, and my ship date is 12/6, but that may change. What I really wanted to do is get into nuclear. I got a 93 AFQT and all of my line scores are high enough but by the time they would be able to ship me out I will be too old. Apparently for nuke you have to be 26 or younger by the time you get out of school and they put you on a ship or sub. With boot camp and all of the schooling that means you have to be 24 or younger when you ship out. I will be 25 in July so I had to do an obscene amount of paperwork for an age waiver. The age waiver has not been processed yet, but I've been told if it is approved (which honestly I don't see why it wouldn't be) I will be re-sign as a nuke (hello signing bonus) and my ship date will probably be moved to a closer date. I'll be starting out as an E-3 regardless because of my AA degree, which is pretty sweet. Now I just need to get in shape and stay out of trouble.
    Corey-Former Southeast Mod
    BLK '14 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
    USM '07 Cobalt LS I4 M5 : SLOW SOLD
    SSM '99 Camaro V6 M5 E/T:14.8 @ 94 (before cam) SOLD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement