Thread: Tick Performance clutch master cyilinder

Tick Performance clutch master cyilinder

anyone have any experience with this unit? I know it's expensive, but i hate the feel of the stock unit and I have never had any luck with fast shifting with the stock unit. Everyone on ls1tech swears by this unit.

http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...%252dBody.html

Custom longtubes, custom trueduals /w x-pipe, Whisper lid, SLP cold air kit, Global West Del-a-lum upper a-arm bushing kit, Global West lower a-arm bearing kit, KYB AGX shocks, Eibach springs, UMI boxed subframe connectors, sphon rear lower control arms /w relocation brackets, UMI adjustable pan hard bar, 32mm front sway bar, + more. Manual/t-top converted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Have you bleed and replaced your fluid? Have you tried replacing your slave and master with new good quality parts? It's amazing what new components will do for clutch feel. The Tick setup is great but I really think it's overkill and a band aid fix for an ill performing hydraulic system. Most people don't really need it. I run GM LS6 slave, a GM master with a tick bleeder and I've never had a problem shifting my car at 6,500rpm. I'm no slouch grabbing gears.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

yes ive replaced multiple parts of the entire system and bleed. I guess i just like the adjustibility of the tick part as well, for every clutch I have ever had engaged more towards the bottom of the pedal, while i prefer the top. The life time warranty is also a bonus.
    The size of the mounting area is also a + because when i did my manual swap i noticed a small crack in the firewall, which I patched and reinforced. I think the extra mounting area will help out some.
    I need a new master anyway and spending an extra 150 doesnt seem too bad to me
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 04-03-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Custom longtubes, custom trueduals /w x-pipe, Whisper lid, SLP cold air kit, Global West Del-a-lum upper a-arm bushing kit, Global West lower a-arm bearing kit, KYB AGX shocks, Eibach springs, UMI boxed subframe connectors, sphon rear lower control arms /w relocation brackets, UMI adjustable pan hard bar, 32mm front sway bar, + more. Manual/t-top converted

Have you done the drill-mod on your clutch line?

-Steve
    1996 Camaro, in progress: mild 5.3, TH400, T6 S475, 8.50 chassis cert...
    1993 K1500 W/T
    1985 Yamaha FJ1100
    1979 Suzuki GS550E (cafe racer)

yep

Installed today, WORTH EVERY PENNY
    Trans doesnt even grind into reverse anymore haha
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 04-13-2011 at 08:10 AM.

is there an LT1 kit or does this fit an LT1?

Quote Originally Posted by truekoa View Post
    is there an LT1 kit or does this fit an LT1?
    http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...%252dBody.html here you go

I was wondering recently if this worked for the v6's, but never did a search lol
    98 V6 camaro... Heads and cam comming soon

email them and ask

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...%252dBody.html here you go

I was wondering recently if this worked for the v6's, but never did a search lol
    thanks!

Contributing Sponsor
    Everyone I have talked to that has one says it's night and day difference in shifting!!

Contributing Sponsor Herron Performance's Avatar
    If anyone wants one let me know, we are a Tick Performance dealer and can offer discounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Herron Performance View Post
    If anyone wants one let me know, we are a Tick Performance dealer and can offer discounts!
    Can you confirm or deny that they will work for the five speeds?

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk
    98 V6 camaro... Heads and cam comming soon

Contributing Sponsor Herron Performance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai View Post
    Can you confirm or deny that they will work for the five speeds?

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk
    Tick states: They use the same slave cylinder, so our adjustable master SHOULD work on the V6 as well - that said, we've never done a V6 install, so I can't confirm 100%.

well the ls1 master they sell worked on my car so i dont see why the lt1 version wouldnt work