Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Filter Cross Reference for our 3800's? and cheapest place to buy more filters?

Quote Originally Posted by WarShrike View Post
    Plastic cores should be labeled PF52E now, and the metal ones are PF52. Oreilly's here carries the E's, and Autozone runs the metallic cores. Guess where I spend my money?
    Interesting. I went to get a PF46 for my TA yesterday and Advance only had a PF46e. I was wondering what the difference was. I picked up a Mobil1 filter instead.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by WarShrike View Post
    Plastic cores should be labeled PF52E now, and the metal ones are PF52. Oreilly's here carries the E's, and Autozone runs the metallic cores. Guess where I spend my money?
    I would be careful there. Pull them out of the box before you buy. Just pulled one out of the box late last week at AutoZone that was a plastic core in a PF52 (no E) box. Luckily for us they had a few metal core PF52's in stock.
    Lee

I always check them right off the bat. I find if funny when I walk in, they ask if they can help me, and I simply reply "nope, too much to explain."
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

I normally order oil filters from RockAuto.com , paying close attention to freight costs . Usually buy 6 or 12 at a time .

Wyr
    God bless

I order from Amosoil, one a year when I change my oil. I don't mind paying alittle more for a good filter. Also only drive about 1000 miles a year on the Camaro, and the truck I put about 5000 miles a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12