+ Reply to Thread
    Light Throttle

2001 Camaro plug, wire, or coil pack?

So a few days ago my SES light came on, took it to autozone and it came up as a misfire on cylinder 2. The light went off later in the day and hasn't come back on since but seems to be bogging down under load and has a rough idle. My question is, is it possible for this to be a coil pack since its only on cylinder 2? I know the coil pack runs cylinder's 2 and 5 so im thinking that might now be it. I did plugs and wires about 30k miles ago along with the 2/5 coil pack.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hunting for 10's
    take that coil and sway with another to see if the problem follows the coil.
    97 camaro A4, HEADS, CAM, INTAKES BY WOT-TECH -Straight intake w/ cable TB
    536 rwhp @ 15psi On E-85 Tuned by Excessive Autosports, Sioux Falls, SD.
    If you cant afford to do it right the first time. Can you afford to do it a second time????
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic2340_1.gif

Full Throttle Extreme! whitdog54's Avatar
    Did you change plugs when you did the wires?

And like said above, just move the coil and see if the problem follows.
    2000 Firebird-Pacesetter headers & y-pipe|3" CAT|slp factory dual exhaust|whisper lid|aluminum DS |GU6/G80|1LE sway bars|LCA Relo's|SFCs|3" E-cut out|1/4: 15.3@88.87-SOLD

2000 Camaro Z28 A4- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP LM1| UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s | 13.2@106

mine did this about a month ago same as the other guy who's car's been missing, just needed plugs and wires. but i replaced hell of alot more than that lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flowmaster exhaust cut out cat!

Light Throttle
    Thanks for the responses, I thought about switching the coil packs to see if the problem followed but as of right now the SES light is off so I dont see how I could check it that way. Im thinkin ill probably just change the coil pack first, wire, then plug.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steve97camaro PSN ID: steve_97camaro
    i just had this problem couple weeks ago it was just cyl #1 and and wouldnt throw the light on normal driven .. only wen i was at a high rpm .. around 4200 and it would flash .. i replaced maf cps tps icm wire plug coil even the injector .. still had the problem at high rpm .. bought headers and guy sold it to me with a high flow cat .. .. now i dont throw code .. sorry for the story but i would get a test on the o2's and check the cat

Light Throttle
    Would low oil pressure at idle be from this as well I'm assuming? Rough and a little shakey.

With a waste spark system you usualy get both sides of the coil misfiring when it is the coil that is gone or going south. I would look into the plug, wire, or injector if it is only one cyl. Also sometimes you have to really romp on it to throw the CEL, the computer is programed to ignore the occasional miss fire and if it does not miss X# of times per Y# of revolutions there is no code thrown.

Massey

+ Reply to Thread