Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post up your welders!

I didn't know this tread exsisted... I ain't got no pics of my skillz, but I'll show you my beast:

1)

2) 40 fuckin dollars on sale

I know its a pretty shit welder, but it works. Its good enough to do basic exhaust work which was all I wanted it for. And at $40 I couldn't pass it up. lol
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Attachment 5116Attachment 5115
    Refilled my MIG bottle and got a bottle of argon to try out the TIG. The first pic is TIG weld, 20 gauge sheet metal T joint with a filler rod, today was my first time using a TIG. Second pic is MIG welding two bolts together. Those are my weld skillz, both done with the same machine, TA-211i fabricator.
    Addictive, aint it?
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

Yeah it really is addictive haha, If you can use it to pay for itself you got it made though. People will pay really good money to have things welded.
    1999 Firebird - Turbo in making!

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    I just added this Millermatic 250 MIG machine to the collection today. I found it for sale in Craigslist for $800. It can weld metal as thick as 3/4inch plate. I jumped on it immediately.

The little 114v Hobart is officially useless now. I'm giving the 140 handler to my little brother as a gift. He will get a lot of use out of it I'm sure.
    Last edited by Driver_10; 02-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

As the op requests. ....

Lincoln v205
    Approx 4k new
    Skillz......

Mike

Nice work AMMFAB!
    1999 Firebird - Turbo in making!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Nice work AMMFAB!
    Thank u sir.

Mike

theres gotta be more people that weld in here..... lets see some more. forced firebird i know u gotta have more pics

mike

Constantly Overachieving Merlin's Avatar
    I bought a Hobart 120 from a pawn shop a few years ago and have been flux welding with it. no great pictures from that, but I did swap over to mig wire and gas last year and it has made a difference. I have not had the chance to do anything serious with it, but have birdshit on a few motorcycles enough to hold up to the drop test.

When I got to put something serious together, I take it to work and let the professionals handle it or at least let them coach me on a few pointers. The welding machines we have at work are lightyears better than my Hobart 120. I have looked at putting in a 50A socket into my garage and buying a larger machine, but im lazy and have no money.
    Justin

GMC Sierra 2008
    Yamaha V-Star 1100 2003

For more information about the L67 swap into an F-body, please click here

Still learning with the TIG. Managed to weld this earlier tonight. Probably one of my best aluminum welds so far.

lincoln promig 140 picked it up about 6 years ago on clearance for under $400.

replaced a daytona mig i bought used over 25 years ago that finally gave up during the s-10 blazer build

nothing special in my dark, cramped and cold 19x22 garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Before you buy a welder you have to know what you want to weld and how much you want to spend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12