View Poll Results: Dallas or Sealy?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Raceway (um...Dallas)

16 51.61%
  • Lonestar Motorsports Park (Sealy, near Houston)

6 19.35%
  • It doesn't matter

9 29.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas or Sealy?

The monkey made me do it! rhino2104's Avatar
    Dallas would be much better for me. A shorter drive and I'll have a free place to stay.
    ~Dustin~ Military & Kill Stories Forum Mod
    1999 Camaro - Red, auto, not stock (for sale PM for details)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So...when are we gonna make a final decision? Looks like Dallas is the winner.
    Lauren| Community Forums Mod

2008 Grand Prix "GIGGITY"
    [Teufel Hunden] 7:10 pm: It's like Lauren is the orgasm, and Jon is the cuddling afterward

Gonna eat me some peaches Driver_10's Avatar
    I think that dallas would be a bit more forgiving for those FTV6 members travelling from the north. That would cut a good 4 hours out of thier trip. It would easier for them to find a good hotel too.

I vote Dallas.
    Gonna be quiet again for a little while, so show some patience. It will be worth the wait.
    ...I promise you

Can't declade Dallas the winner untill Chad calls them and finds out if we can even use the track.

Jason-
    2000 Camaro - Totaled
    2002 Firebird - Sold
    2000 Camaro Z28 - Sold
    2004 Cavalier SS - YJ/A4 1 of 658

Full Throttle Extreme! FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    Dallas definitely seems like the better option. Sure all of the Houston guys have to drive 4-5 hours instead of 1, lol....but it gives us a lot more chance at having more out of state people show up, which would be great.
    Shawn
    '11 CTS-V Coupe
    '12 SRT8 Charger
    V6 Firebird - 12.2 on 100 shot and 13.5 Cam only - GONE

Fake it till you make it Horsepower844182's Avatar
    I voted Dallas. Been there done that in Sealy, plus it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. At least in Dallas there are places to hangout outside of the track.
    ~Austin~ '02 Civic A4 '97 Firebird A4 '11 ATM150-A '08 Ninja 250R
    '92 Corvette A4 -Sold- RIP
    Bored and Stroked 383 LT1 Cammed 468rwhp

FTV6 Group:
    Facebook

Is wrong most of the time chadder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 View Post
    Dallas definitely seems like the better option. Sure all of the Houston guys have to drive 4-5 hours instead of 1, lol....but it gives us a lot more chance at having more out of state people show up, which would be great.
    Thanks for understanding Shawn. I'm trying to get a hold of Dallas to schedule the event. Sorry it's taking a while guys, school is taking my top priority right now (calculus, fml). I'll get things swingin' within the next week.
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
    1999 Chevy Corvette Coupe

Given that this website has 6700+ member names and less than 75 seem to show any interest in this event has got to be frustrating. One would think that at least 25% of those members would be in reasonable driving range? Maybe there has been a substantial shift in the locational center of the majority of the membership base?

The first and only event held was a blast win or lose. I appreciate that you are still working on it. I know that it is not easy to get something organized at any level. This is especially true when you have little time to spare.
    Carl - Undefeated FTV6 Clash winner by default
    86 Buick GN
    www.LSPBC.org

Today's Special: Smoked V8

Dallas is fine, would make for a nice road trip.
    http://www.crfhq.com
    :SOLD: 2002 Camaro V6 A4 - 14.3 @ 96mph Comp cam, full boltons, tune.
    2000 Camaro SS M6 - TSP Torquer 2 cam, ls6 intake/ported tb, full boltons, futral tune.

You gotta remember that not all 6700 are active members Carl Maybe 10% of those are fully active in the community. Others just made an account to post and ask questions and some older members have went inactive.
    ~Ryan

At this point I'm just waiting for Dallas Raceway's reply. LMP has gotten back to me and is currently our contingency plan in case Dallas Raceway falls through.
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Light Throttle
    I voted Dallas but I'm only about 30 min south of Ft worth. We have an extra room, couch, and 2 leather recliners that might be open to house people for a day or 2 (as long as your not afraid of big dogs and big birds).

Not to throw a wrench in the whole deal but their is a nice track about 20 min from me called Texas raceway its only 1/8th mile but its pretty good size and has good parking. The track hooks when they prep it they have ProMod races their once a month. www.texasraceway.com

If/when we come we will come with my stock 01 m5 bird and my girls built 00 bonnie SSEi
    Last edited by 1slobird; 09-14-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Cool - thanks Chad

From what I am hearing from multiple sources, Dallas Raceway is horrible about returning calls and will not even call back at all if they are not interested. As much as I would like to see it there, I would not wait very long for them if LMP is interested in working with the group.

However, if people were willing to run at an 1/8th mile track, I could likely help get that set up with NorthStar in Denton. They seem to be more open and welcome to special events such as what we are seeking. But, there again, I am sure no one is going to want to travel unless it is a 1320 track.
    Carl - Undefeated FTV6 Clash winner by default
    86 Buick GN
    www.LSPBC.org

Today's Special: Smoked V8

I'm going to call LMP either today or tomorrow. It's been weeks of calling and leaving messages and emails to Dallas Raceway without reply. I wish the event coordinators of these tracks were easier to get a hold of as it would make my job that much easier (doable?).

Sorry guys, looks like DR is out. I'll post up a new thread with details about LMP as soon as I get them.
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Full Throttle Extreme! 1970judge's Avatar
    There is also a 1/4 mile in RUSK. Check that Chad. Hole on the wall strip ESE of DFW.
    Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
    "First thing I'll do is call Comp and tell them to grind me a CC306 for the LS2"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast