Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V6 to V8 cluster - does it work?

LOL even better that I decided against getting a V8 cluster - didn't know the 98 was all alone and special. Heh I would have probably ended up with a 99 or something and wondered why it didn't work
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    LOL even better that I decided against getting a V8 cluster - didn't know the 98 was all alone and special. Heh I would have probably ended up with a 99 or something and wondered why it didn't work
    I know somebody with a 98 TA cluster sitting in a box if you become serious about buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    Dude, if you could make money sitting on the internet with your dick in your hand, this board would be populated by millionaires.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but I'm putting a 99 v8 cluster in my 2000 V6. I had a write up for replacing something on the board to correct the tach, but this was an older board and looks nothing like the 99-02. I know the printing is different, but what do I need to do to make this work?

Thought it had to be year for year on.the 97+ style clusters

Sent form my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Kris

I thought the 97 had to be 97 and 98 to 98, but 99-02.

I can report that a 1999 v8 cluster in a 2000 v6 Camaro works perfectly fine. I verified the tach with a PCM scanner and it's perfectly accurate.

The only issue I'm having is the airbag light is on. Any ideas why that light would be on?

Looks like a protocol issue between 99 and 00. GM tech did confirm that if the car has a working airbag system, the gauge cluster cannot effect it, which I kinda figured anyway. I packed some foam in the channel behind the led to block the LED and it's all good.

Hm interesting. Are all the other gauges correct? Mostly speedometer and oil pressure since those are different ranges than the v6 cluster.
    - Jared
    1999 Camaro 3.8L A4. Cammed, so kind of fast.
    2007.5 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L 4x4. Slight lift, bigger-ish tires, not a slouch but slower than the car.

Light Throttle
    When he put in his new motor, his cluster was reading his oil at 90 psi, but a mechanical gauge was showing it right at 60... When he swapped in the v8 cluster, it shows the oil psi right in the middle of the gauge at 40. So take that with a grain of salt... Other than that he's said the other gauges are all pretty spot on. Here's the link to his car, the last 2 pages discuss his cluster swap http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4417

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12