Thread: New Guy From PA

New Guy From PA

Hi, I'm Tom and I just joined the site. I'm mainly an S-10 guy and that's the reason I joined the site. I'm in the middle of doing a 5.3V8 swap in my '98 dime (originally a 4cyl) and I'm thinking of ripping the engine back out and going with a 4.3V6.

The weight penalty of the 5.3 with an auto transmission is huge and I just can't justify it. I just got a '90-'93 4.3 crate engine for $100 and an NV3500 for free, so I think I'm going to get rid of the V8.

I'm hoping I can swap some parts and use a factory computer with hptuners to run the older block. Slap in a cam, some Vortecs, and a marine intake. Should make most of the power of the V8 and be much lighter and easier to install.

Wish me luck

-Tom

P.S. Here's a pic. I just traded in the blue truck and the white Blazer is a friend's and now has a SFA. The black truck is getting the engine swap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle Extreme! hevymetalg's Avatar
    Hey welcome man! Nice toys you got there. Where exactly live.
    98 v6 camaro y87, k&N filter, SLP CAI, ngk iridium plugs, taylor 10.2mm blue wires, corvette servo, transgo hd-2 shift kit, lsd posi 3:23 gay rear!!!!,moog rear lca bushings, moog front upper and lower control arm bushings, moog upper and lower ball joints, new bigger 32mm front sway bar and 19mm rear bar with poly bushings, new poly torque arm bushing, new aluminum lower intake gasket from zzp, pacesetters headers

I'm from Olyphant. About 10 miles northeast of Scranton.

hi from another pa'er and a fellow s10 lover.
    MulTpI-R (3.4MPI-NV1500-2wd) one of a kind cameo el. high rpm power

MulTpI-2 (3.4MPI-T5-2wd) 3400/3500 turbo swap underway. all for power

NomaBoost (4.3TBI-NV3500-2wd) stock & broken. L67-T5 swap. big blower and torque

3 of 9

Hello from the state capitol!! Have a '91 Sonoma (s10 cousin)...looking for engine swap ideas outside of the norm...(3.8 NA or SC)...