Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor Accident = Good Outcome

Minor Accident = Good Outcome

At the beginning of August, I was driving home late one night, hit a rock on the road.. yes, it was a pretty big rock, but I thought I could clear it. Afterall, my car isnt lowered (as is pointed out to me ALL the time). Must have been laying just right and caught my passenger side catalytic converter, mangled it and pushed it against my floor board, denting that.

Took it to the garage, put in an insurance claim and $1400 and a month later (Exhaust was on backorder)..... I have a new exhaust manifold and a Pypes catted x-pipe system (had true duals previously). So all ended well

Here's a video of a little drive-by (my first exhaust video and not so good) Pay special attention to the end when I am coming to a stop.. that's my favorite part ....

http://www.youtube.com/v/CImhhB3p_6k&hl=en&fs=1

And 2 new photos, just because my car was in the shop for a month and I missed driving it and taking pics

*~Tammy~*

Quote Originally Posted by SnIpEr View Post
    meh, Camaro > Mustang. No matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by Capone View Post
    You can say that to my taillights.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is wrong most of the time chadder's Avatar
    It could use a drop
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
    1999 Chevy Corvette Coupe

Good additions however I can't barely hear the exhaust. AMOF, I heard the cricketts more than the car.
    2004 BS G35 sedan 5AT

where the hell did you get your camera? Is it buy one NES get one 1985 video camera free day?
    Last edited by MacSteve; 09-26-2009 at 06:07 AM.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

And? What's your point? White94Bird's Avatar
    Lol, it sounded good when I could hear the WOT in the distance but when you got close it had a lot of road noise..
    1998 Trans Am NBM-SLP Lid/Pacesetter LTs/ORY-Borla CB
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado Texas Edition
    1994 Firebird (SOLD)
    Daniel

holy hell.. no one else that saw the video had anything bad to say about it, other than I should have went by the camera at WOT... .... I did state in my first post that it wasnt a good quality video, was my first exhaust video....

Should have known better on this site though.

Thanks anyway guys

and Chadder, buy me the shit to lower it and I will, otherwise STFU

I know you are all gonna rip this apart and be like "if you didnt want criticism you shouldnt have posted it" blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc...I know the drill. Why do you think I took the time in the first post to say it wasnt a good video and was my first exhaust video.. but you guys feel the need to post the obvious. Oh well. Just lock the thread if you guys dont have anything decent to say about it.

I like this site, but I really get tired of all the bashing.. not everyone has money to do these cars how YOU want them done.

*~Tammy~*

Workin on the turdgen
    I'll get called a leg humper, oh well. I really like your car, you have done tasteful mods for little cash flow. The video isn't that bad. I have actually never seen a good exhaust video. You just can't capture it correctly.
    98 BGM V6 Camaro.
    155.57HP, 189.70TQ.
    Want to get rid of hard water spots?
    http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=54669
    89 Camaro V6, cammed.

looks really sharp, are those the fr500 wheels or whatever they care called, i think they would really go with the car better if they were black, it would be secks! did you get another manifold? or actual headers
    1999 Camaro 3.8l. MP70 @ 14psi.. SOLD
    1999 Camaro SS, TSP Heads/Cam,Ported FAST 92mm intake- 450/410 n/a

Quote Originally Posted by No1FordGirl View Post
    holy hell.. no one else that saw the video had anything bad to say about it, other than I should have went by the camera at WOT... .... I did state in my first post that it wasnt a good quality video, was my first exhaust video....

Should have known better on this site though.

Thanks anyway guys

and Chadder, buy me the shit to lower it and I will, otherwise STFU

I know you are all gonna rip this apart and be like "if you didnt want criticism you shouldnt have posted it" blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc...I know the drill. Why do you think I took the time in the first post to say it wasnt a good video and was my first exhaust video.. but you guys feel the need to post the obvious. Oh well. Just lock the thread if you guys dont have anything decent to say about it.

I like this site, but I really get tired of all the bashing.. not everyone has money to do these cars how YOU want them done.
    okay I just rewatched the vid since last time I was too busy figuring out if the pewter blur was your car. apparently it was. exhaust sounds good.

with regards to Chad's post: it was a simple suggestion god damn. he even put "". I mean really.. i can see getting mad if he said something close to "lower that POS, then I'll bless your car with my comment"...
    Last edited by MacSteve; 09-26-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

sounds pretty good to me. sweet ride for a mustang
    97 Camaro RS 3.8
    Magnaflow high flow cat, and a long to-do list.
    98 Blazer LS 4.3
    Power options, 4x4, 2 in. lift, and a few plans.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_AE2010 View Post
    I'll get called a leg humper, oh well. I really like your car, you have done tasteful mods for little cash flow. The video isn't that bad. I have actually never seen a good exhaust video. You just can't capture it correctly.
    Thanks, appreciate the compliment.

Anyway, the video, at best, was to give an idea.. not to be a major motion picture on the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
    looks really sharp, are those the fr500 wheels or whatever they care called, i think they would really go with the car better if they were black, it would be secks! did you get another manifold? or actual headers
    They are the FR500s, and I personally dont like the black ones. Just don't look right IMO.. but to the others who like them, more power to them

The tech at the garage told me header, someone on another forum told me exhaust manifold.. whatever.. it was replaced on the passenger side, as it had bent when the exhaust was pushed up against the floor board.

Quote Originally Posted by marodout View Post
    okay I just rewatched the vid since last time I was too busy figuring out if the pewter blur was your car. apparently it was. exhaust sounds good.

with regards to Chad's post: it was a simple suggestion god damn. he even put "".
    Thanks for 'rewatching' it.

As for Chad.. I know it was a 'joke'.. but I get so sick of hearing it. Point in fact that my accident was without it being lowered and had it been, i'd have been replacing a front bumper too. It is something that just irks me.

I do appreciate the 'advice' but I dont need it, as I think Ive done pretty well with my car over the years in how Ive modded it.

Thanks to you all for being nicer. I appreciate that.
    *~Tammy~*

Quote Originally Posted by philip_king View Post
    sounds pretty good to me. sweet ride for a mustang
    Thank you =)
    *~Tammy~*

and thats coming from a guy thats not a big fan of them.

don't let any of the posts get you hyped up. most of the time they're not trying to bash it's just constructive criticism, and alot of times the wording comes out wrong. all you have to do is build a car that your happy with and make that the priority.
    97 Camaro RS 3.8
    Magnaflow high flow cat, and a long to-do list.
    98 Blazer LS 4.3
    Power options, 4x4, 2 in. lift, and a few plans.

That sounds really good for a v6. Nice work
    Nick | Car Care Moderator
    2006 PBM GTO M6 w/ Red Leather 1 of 370

Is wrong most of the time chadder's Avatar
    Christ, take a fucking joke. The ONLY reason I said that is because you said:
    Afterall, my car isnt lowered (as is pointed out to me ALL the time).
    so chill the fuck out.

Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
    1999 Chevy Corvette Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast