Thread: 2004 Monte crossover pipe

2004 Monte crossover pipe

Friend of mine took his monte in to have it serviced. Dealer claims he has a broken weld "inside" the crossover pipe..

Im assuming this is the link between the manifolds. I looked and didnt visually see any carbon indicating a crack..

Any of you guys have any experience with what this "crack" is, or could be?

Any idea where to get a aftermarket crossover?

TY!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

zzp might go check them out.
    Naz
    2005- Grand Prix Comp-g struts,front swaybar,GMPP rear sway bar,BMR trailing arms,zzp tower braces.
    1999- Lumina LTZ

Ill take a look
    1998 camaro SS ->2002 COS5 operating system. F1 procharged LME 370CI.. A4 -> M6

What makes them think he has a broken weld in there? I'll PM you the name of a business I always use when I need W-Body parts.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

I have a stock crossover that has had the stock heat shield removed and has been wrapped. Really any aftermarket crossover flows the same as stock. If you want it just shoot me a PM, its from my 00 GTP but it should work for your 04 if I'm not mistaken.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

*sigh...

Stealership may be giving him the run around but I Honestly don't know jack about W bodies..

His battery went dead and he took it to the dealer.. Dealer replaces battery and tells him he has a crack on the crossover pipe and wants $1,000 to fix it..

He takes the car to meineke to see if they can weld said "Crack"

Meineke says the crack must be internal, and tells him to have the dealership fix it.

I just had him rev the car and Im not seeing anything that would lead me to think there is a crack, exhaust leak or anything..

He's on this kick becuase dealership says he needs to have the pipe fixed.. Or he will ruin his o2 sensors.. I call Bullshit on that.. and for $1000 you could buy a hell of a lot of o2 sensors..

So let me re gear this post. Could there be a crack thats not giving any visual or audible clues that could cause the dealer to deem a $1000 fix a must?

$1K for the crossover? If the car is running fine I wouldn't worry about it, if he does need a new one then you can get one for cheap and are pretty easy to replace. Can the dealer show him exactly where the crack is?
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

He says the car runs fine but somtimes has hesitation?

I'm thinking they're giving him a load of crap. We're gonna need more info to help with the hesitation problem, though.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jon View Post
    I'm thinking they're giving him a load of crap. We're gonna need more info to help with the hesitation problem, though.
    THIS

imo cat, fuel filter, other general maintence stuff, maf possibly are usually good places to start

$1k for an xover is insane, there has to be other issues w/ it to get the toatl over $1k, the part, even at the dealer shouldnt be anywhere near $200 and MAYBE 2 hours labor (by the book) at the most... even then you're ~$400
    Plus he'd hear an exhaust leak