Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got My Evaluation :D

The monkey made me do it! rhino2104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    Yea I know, but thats what everyone keeps saying is to try out for the army band and get e6 automaticly. The higher ups rag on the band guys/gals all the time for it. I thought it was a joke but its apparently true. Wish I could play an insturment now.
    You have to be a member of the special bands not the regular bands. The regular bands you come in as an e-4 and are stuck there till you make points or get picked up as a special band member.

Quote Originally Posted by marodout View Post
    that is such fucking bullshit.
    It's not that way with everything just certain things. Just wait till you meet a native speaking Russian in the Army who got e-5 (promoted from e-3) in a year because he came in speaking a language fluently. Those guys are the biggest bunch of retarded football fucking monkeys you'll ever meet.
    ~Dustin~ Military & Kill Stories Forum Mod
    1999 Camaro - Red, auto, not stock (for sale PM for details)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

the Navy has some bullshit.

Theres a guy I work with, cocky fuck. He's been in the navy for 1.5 years and hes an e5. How'd he do it? He came in as an e3 because he was in the boy scouts for years. the fucking boy scouts. soon as he finished his school, he took the test for e4, 100% passed. 1 year later, e5 test 90% passed and advanced.

shit is BS
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

^Yea tell me about it.

I also didn't know all the differences in how and why those certain individuals get those promotions. Thanks Dustin.
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by triple_l82 View Post
    ^Yea tell me about it.

I also didn't know all the differences in how and why those certain individuals get those promotions. Thanks Dustin.
    Yeah I learned that because I was looking into reclassing into the band so I learned a lot.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

cool
    Larry:
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car

the Navy has some bullshit.

Theres a guy I work with, cocky fuck. He's been in the navy for 1.5 years and hes an e5. How'd he do it? He came in as an e3 because he was in the boy scouts for years. the fucking boy scouts. soon as he finished his school, he took the test for e4, 100% passed. 1 year later, e5 test 90% passed and advanced.

shit is BS
    depends on the job i guess. If i joined right now passed boot id get E-3 because of JROTC. I had two buddies that went threw quick promotions because they entered the nuke field.
    Naz
    2005- Grand Prix Comp-g struts,front swaybar,GMPP rear sway bar,BMR trailing arms,zzp tower braces.
    1999- Lumina LTZ

Yeah I've known several people in the Army that came in as e-4's either because of JROTC or they have a college degree. However to become and NCO that fast is BS. I know a kid that made e-6 in just a little over 3 years. He's a fucktard like you wouldn't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor789 View Post
    depends on the job i guess. If i joined right now passed boot id get E-3 because of JROTC. I had two buddies that went threw quick promotions because they entered the nuke field.
    Nuke field is a very special job, theres an 80% failure rate, so they have to offer perks.

JROTC is a lot different then being a boyscout.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Razor789 View Post
    I have 30 college credits and if I signed up right now i'd be an e3. In fact a kid I know just left for basic like 3 weeks ago and our recruiter got him up to e3 before he left. Keep in mind he was never a boy scout, rotc, and didn't have 30 credits.

Just about everyone around me gets promoted to e3 before actually leaving for basic.

98 firebird

Resident Cripple

for the army?
    Steve

They keep forgetting your in the navy and theres a difference. That boat in your sig just doesn't give it away..
    Larry:

for realz. but assuming it is for the army, Im not surprised. they army is known to give some pretty intense bonuses when signing up for a lot of the combat jobs because lets face it, shits dangerous.
    Steve

for realz. but assuming it is for the army, Im not surprised. they army is known to give some pretty intense bonuses when signing up for a lot of the combat jobs because lets face it, shits dangerous.
    Bonuses yes but not promotions. You don't get free promotions just because of your job. You have to have some nature of a skill to get a free one to e-4 and you have to work to get one to e-3 if you don't have some nature of a skill or a bachelors degree.

navy recruiter told me i would be an e3 too

98 firebird

Resident Cripple

thats because you almost have your degree arctic.
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast