Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 544

Thread: Jared's Build

  1. #1
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202

    Jared's Build

    Alright, a few members have caught on to what I'm doing, so I might as well spill. here's what I have planned:
    L67 top end on my L36 shortblock. It's gonna be a RWD designe, going into my 2001 Camaro.
    I have so far:
    -Ported L67 Heads
    -Ported L67 LIM
    -Ported M90, 3.3" pulley (for now )
    -.045" Cometic MLS head gasket
    -42# Injectors
    -ZZP XP Hot Cam
    -Rollmaster double roller timing chain
    -Balance shaft delete
    -105# valve springs
    -LQ4 85mm MAF
    -LS2 90mm TB
    -All the supporting stuff (Valve covers, gaskets, etc.)
    I started working on it today, and here's how far I got from 10-5 today:


    Harness pulled and labeled, Fuel rail pulled aside (I need a fuel disconnect tool ), UIM pulled, heat shieds removed, y-pipe removed, various bracketry and tensioner removed. Hopefully I'll have the heads off by noon tomorrow.
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Full Throttle Extreme! JimmySprinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,040
    Noice!

    How are you gonna adapt the M90? You in cahoots with Merlin? haha

    That's a thin head gasket for sure though, I thought those were for max effort NA applications only. Will it hold up to the boost?
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Mystic Teal Metallic, A4

    [Pacesetter headers, Magnaflow 3" Cat, 2.5" Magnaflow Cat-Back, K&N Filter, Shaved Lid, !Air Silencer, FTRA intake, Line Locks, 3.42 Torsen Diffy, 125 wet shot Nitrous Express, JP Double Roller, Comp #130 springs, Abbotts NA Cam, HP Tuners, #36 lb injectors, AEM UEGO Wideband]
    Caught on fire, and recently seized

    Current project: 3.8L Swap, Poerdyne 9psi, Small shot of nitrous motor.

    On Standby: 4.10 gears

  4. #3
    dont ask
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    10,495
    the dbw throttle control is gonna bite you.

    +1 kudo's for manning up and going for it...get some!!
    Dan

  5. #4
    Full Throttle caspernicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    huntsville, al
    Posts
    698
    Sweet! good luck with it.


    Are you still on stock exhaust manifolds?
    --Daniel
    2000 v6 Camaro A4

  6. #5
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmySprinkle View Post
    Noice!

    How are you gonna adapt the M90? You in cahoots with Merlin? haha

    That's a thin head gasket for sure though, I thought those were for max effort NA applications only. Will it hold up to the boost?
    Thanks,
    the head gasket was actually recommended to me by zzp after i told them what i was doing, so i hope it holds up
    my m90 will be side intake , but a bit different than merlin's.
    and, no justin and i haven't talked about this

    Quote Originally Posted by usd2sing View Post
    the dbw throttle control is gonna bite you.

    +1 kudo's for manning up and going for it...get some!!
    Thanks, dan!
    the ls2 TB is DBW as well

    Quote Originally Posted by caspernicus View Post
    Sweet! good luck with it.


    Are you still on stock exhaust manifolds?
    thanks, I'll need it.
    as far as exhaust goes, no, i will be running pacesetetters for now, but i may end up fabbing up a set of 2" longtubes

    here's a progress pic for ya'll, I need my air compressor back from my dad to get the crank bolt off. 2.5 hopurs this morning before work:
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  7. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl
    Posts
    14,047
    what side intake m90 are u using? if u dont mine me asking...
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

  8. #7
    dont ask
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Highland, Ca
    Posts
    10,495
    lots of cars have dbw tb's.
    doesnt mean they will work on our 3.8 v6's
    .

    the closet you are going to find is from an 04 chevy truck.
    it will work with minor tweaking.

    remember, its not just the tb itself..its an entire system...pedal, tb, puter, etc etc.

    good luck
    Dan

  9. #8
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    what side intake m90 are u using? if u dont mine me asking...
    as in which side will the intake be on?
    or which m90?
    for the first: the passenger side
    for the second: it's a standard gtp m90, that'm cutting and welding.
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  10. #9
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by usd2sing View Post
    lots of cars have dbw tb's.
    doesnt mean they will work on our 3.8 v6's
    .

    the closet you are going to find is from an 04 chevy truck.
    it will work with minor tweaking.

    remember, its not just the tb itself..its an entire system...pedal, tb, puter, etc etc.

    good luck
    true. I hope with some minor tweaking, this one will work. we'll see.
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  11. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, Fl
    Posts
    14,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    as in which side will the intake be on?
    or which m90?
    for the first: the passenger side
    for the second: it's a standard gtp m90, that'm cutting and welding.
    i meant both. lol. u need to put up pics since im planning on doing this sometime (found a wrecked gtp in the junk yard!)
    1997 Camaro - sold
    2013 WRX - the awd DD

  12. #11
    FullThrottleV6.com Admin epic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roselle, Illinois
    Posts
    12,842
    Awesome, be sure to post in the sticky!
    Matt / FullThrottleV6.com Owner
    Current Cars: 07 6.0L C6, 14 BMW M235i
    Previous Cars: 08 BMW 335xi, 02 5.7L Firehawk, 06 6.0L GTO, 99 3.8L GTP, 96 3.8L Firebird
    http://www.fquick.com/epic
    http://www.mattbohlman.com

  13. #12
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by skimphish View Post
    i meant both. lol. u need to put up pics since im planning on doing this sometime (found a wrecked gtp in the junk yard!)
    Will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    Awesome, be sure to post in the sticky!
    Which sticky, Matt?
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  14. #13
    Light Throttle amexcreuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    154
    hmm id be interested to see your blueprint if you got one sketched out. I was thinking about doing a style like the ford lighthing and have it coming off the top (but I have plenty of time to sketch out and figure out my downfalls as well).

    good luck boss!
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/jenovah97/amexsig3.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...7/amexsig3.jpg</a>

  15. #14
    Full Throttle Extreme! Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by amexcreuse View Post
    hmm id be interested to see your blueprint if you got one sketched out. I was thinking about doing a style like the ford lighthing and have it coming off the top (but I have plenty of time to sketch out and figure out my downfalls as well).

    good luck boss!
    top won't work. I considered it, but then i remembered our blessed cowl design. 1/2 the engine is under the cowl, whereas the the lighnting has plenty of room. And by cowl, no, it's not anything a hood can fix. It's the windshield that's in the way.



    versus



    not mine, but you get the picture.
    Jared
    2001 NBM A4 Camaro
    158 HP/173 TQ/[email protected]


  16. #15
    Light Throttle amexcreuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    154
    -edited-
    nevermind, I noticed its the m112.

    but I was thinking of a different way then that, not up top like that really, but you should hit merlin up, he can help out greatly on info.
    Im using my AutoCAD and Engineering knowledge on mine (been awhile since I have used it)
    Last edited by amexcreuse; 06-22-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/jenovah97/amexsig3.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...7/amexsig3.jpg</a>

Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •