Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Quest for tuning 93-95 f-bodies

I didn't wanna start a new thread so I figured i'd post here but what could I do to start very BASIC code reading on my laptop and on TunerProRT. Would the most basic thing to do just be to get a 16pin ALDL cable for USB?

95 Firebird 3.4L V6.
    5-speed. Flowmaster muffler. CAI. Underdrive crank pulley. !A/C. TB Coolant Bypass. Holley Adjustable FPR. Proshaft One-piece Aluminum Driveshaft. So it's pretty much stock.
    -Wishlist-
    *Twin Turbos*
    *6-speed Trans*
    My Music- firebird95driver.bandcamp.com
    Daniel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Half Throttle
    12 or 16, depending on which connector you have.

that + tunerpro RT and the correct definition will do the job for code reading.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OBD1-Scan...e71420&vxp=mtr
    Does this look like what I would need?

95 Firebird 3.4L V6.
    5-speed. Flowmaster muffler. CAI. Underdrive crank pulley. !A/C. TB Coolant Bypass. Holley Adjustable FPR. Proshaft One-piece Aluminum Driveshaft. So it's pretty much stock.
    -Wishlist-
    *Twin Turbos*
    *6-speed Trans*
    Daniel

Half Throttle
    that would work.

you could probably get it cheaper directly from the guy that runs reddevilriver though.

Half Throttle
    Tunercat now offers an OBD1 V6 tuning kit for 94-95 GM v6 cars L32 and L82(auto or manual). It is a complete kit with everything to tune your ECM. Not sure if it will work with the 93, but i dont see why it wouldn't. They probably just typed up the year wrong. In a matter of fact, i had them correct the ALDL cable in the kit as they only had OBD1 style connector but my car needed OBD2 connector. So they are always making changes and upgrades to their products.

www.tunercat.com

Half Throttle
    it's probably listed as 94-95 due to the same definition being able to be used on both. the 93 calibrations require a slightly different TDF/XDF.

Contributing Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by koolcamaro View Post
    Tunercat now offers an OBD1 V6 tuning kit for 94-95 GM v6 cars L32 and L82(auto or manual). It is a complete kit with everything to tune your ECM. Not sure if it will work with the 93, but i dont see why it wouldn't. They probably just typed up the year wrong. In a matter of fact, i had them correct the ALDL cable in the kit as they only had OBD1 style connector but my car needed OBD2 connector. So they are always making changes and upgrades to their products.

www.tunercat.com
    Quote Originally Posted by robertisaar View Post
    it's probably listed as 94-95 due to the same definition being able to be used on both. the 93 calibrations require a slightly different TDF/XDF.
    Robert is correct. The 93 PCM is different, not only that bu the 93 has a vacuum modulated transmission (aka 700r4 or 4l60 [NON-E]).

So using the Tuner cats software i could tune the fans down to 180*? (For starters)

95 Firebird 3.4L V6.
    -Wishlist-
    *Twin Turbos*
    *6-speed Trans*
    Daniel

Half Throttle
    i don't recommend the tunercat definition... on beretta.net, someone there was using it and there were some SERIOUS issues going on with that definition. find one of the many places I've uploaded the tunerpro definition for and you'll be able to play with whatever you so desire.

Has anybody used the scan9495 program with success? Every time I hit 'Connect' the program closes unexpectedly.

95 Firebird 3.4L V6.
    -Wishlist-
    *Twin Turbos*
    *6-speed Trans*
    Daniel

Half Throttle
    fairly certain I have, but it's been a while(my only applicable car has been off the road for a little over 2 years).

I believe that happened when I didn't have the correct COM port selected?

I tried again today, seeing as I keep getting the SES light when I have my car running in traffic. I am still getting the same problem with Scan9495. I connect it and it makes me shut the program down. Even if I run as administrator. That aside, I was able to get a quick connection (scan) nonetheless. After I ran the scan again it closed the program down. Can someone run down what I am /should be looking at here in regards to numbers and values?
    It wont let me manage my attachments so here's a link to my scan results:
    http://i63.tinypic.com/f20kmd.jpg
    I had the car off FYI, so I am uncertain as to why it reads my RPM at 20.

95 Firebird 3.4L V6.
    -Wishlist-
    *Twin Turbos*
    *6-speed Trans*
    Daniel

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456