Thread: Pics & Info 14" brakes for 93-02 Fbodys

Thumbs down Pics & Info 14" brakes for 93-02 Fbodys

This whole thing bolts right up to our cars using GM parts Its the cheapest Big Break setup out there other BBKs are as much as 2-3k. Lets get started for 93-97 u will need to bolt on the 98-02 spindle.The washers are to move the caliper from the spindle just a hair, i used 2 washers for each bolt, thats how i got a total of 8. You will need a 18"+ Rim no way around it as of yet because of caliper clearance inside the rim. New year model OEM Vette rims are said to clear without wheel spacers/adapters but for most other rims you will need them. With the right rims on a 98-02 u can shop around and get it all for under 600.
    I did not think this up, i was just one of the first to see if it worked .... it does

Here's some prices and where I got my setup
    I got almost everything from ebay.

(98-02) ls1s skip 2. make sure you read before you buy so u can save moneys

1. (Ebay)93-97 LT1s This is ONLY for you,i bought a front nuckle kit I.e. LS1 hubs LS1 calipers spindles sensors $150
    (Thew away my lt1 stuff except SPINDLES and gonna sell the ls1 calipers)

2.(Ebay) Drilled black coated front z06 and rear ls1 rotors $350
    I wanted them to match and black so they took the oem z06 stripped it and recoated it to match the rears

3. (Ebay) Pair of CTS-V Brembo calipers $275 fully loaded and new

4. (Flynby dot com) braided stainless steel custom lines made for this application from ed miller $ 75

5. (Ebay) 1" Adapters for 129 shipped for a set of 4 so all tires will have a equally wider stance. Same price for 3/4 all the way to 2 1/2 I think.. it all depends on your rims

5. (Home Depot Racing) 8 flat washers pocket change ...

Another thread with more questions answered ... Pics Vin numbers for GM buys ect

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/suspen...-kit-info.html

On my Car

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1373428477

before i got em powder coated and mounted .. fresh outta the boxes

EDIT: i cant get the damn pics to show .... i dunno why heres the links.
    Last edited by iyyob; 05-24-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Pics wont show

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Why don't you create an Fquick page and host the pics there instead of Facebook.
    Zahn

2009 CTS4 3.6 LLT
    2012 SRX4 3.6 LFX
    2001 Ranger 4.0 XLT
    2000 GrandAm 3.4 GT
    1994 Firebird 3.4 SOLD

caus i can upload pics from my phone to facebook.. it shouldnt matter whos hosting the pics they wont show i dunno why

Cretaceous and aggravated lo_jack's Avatar
    I talked to Jason about this at length.

It is very important to remember that because of the increased width of the CTSV calipers, not all 18" wheels will work. They might clear the outer diameter, but the spokes have to also clear the front face of the calipers.

Until there is a little more info on wheels that fit before you have to drop a boatload on some 18/19 take offs or something, I will not be doing this. I do think it would be a huge increase over stock and even the C5 conversion (which I have) because of the extra inch of rotor and the 2 extra pistons on the calipers.

I believe you can run several different sizes of rotor on this rig, but the offsets have to be addressed and the swept path may be only vaguely different.

The thing that really bothers me about the whole thing is the weight. 18's plus 14" rotors is really heavy. Heavier than my 17s and 12.8" rotors, and those have had greater than zero effect on my suspension.

Other than that, it is a killer setup that still has few implementations but should definitely be looked at further; I think more refinements are possible.

I don't think you need those Ebay adapters either. They might be nice, but I do not think they are necessary IIRC.

EDIT: If someone can prove that my 18" wagon wheels will clear the fronts I'd be interested.
    Last edited by lo_jack; 05-25-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    06 Jetta 2.5 M5
    99 Firebird 3.8 M5
    01 X5 3.0 M5

Naz
    2005- Grand Prix Comp-g struts,front swaybar,GMPP rear sway bar,BMR trailing arms,zzp tower braces.
    1999- Lumina LTZ

Cretaceous and aggravated lo_jack's Avatar
    OP: can you tell us the other suspension mods you have on the car, and how it is reacting to the bigger equipment up front?
    06 Jetta 2.5 M5
    99 Firebird 3.8 M5
    01 X5 3.0 M5

Light Throttle
    instead of buying 24" brake lines, would it be possible, or even safe, to flip the calipers over and use the left caliper on the right front and vice versa, use the right caliper on the left front? would this allow us to keep stock length brake lines? I say this cuz what if u ever have to replace the lines, how hard will it be to get a replacement set?
    2001 Pontiac Firebird
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500
    2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you do that you won't be able to bleed the brakes, the bleed screw would be at the bottom.
    Zahn

2009 CTS4 3.6 LLT
    2012 SRX4 3.6 LFX
    2001 Ranger 4.0 XLT
    2000 GrandAm 3.4 GT
    1994 Firebird 3.4 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lo_jack View Post
    OP: can you tell us the other suspension mods you have on the car, and how it is reacting to the bigger equipment up front?
    well i like it a lot.i think it handles great but still could be better. my mods are few but this is everything that effects my suspension;
    ls1 rear brakes
    19x10 rims
    hub adapters so now im 2 inches wider front n rear
    Spohn Adjustable Panhard Rod w/ Spherical Rod End & Polyurethane
    - Material Type: 4130 Chrome-Moly Steel
    Lowered 1.75
    ES Poly bushings
    and alot of weight reduction.