Thread: Running rough

Running rough

Well about a month ago i put long tube headers on my mustang...during the installation the EGR tube posed to be a real PITA so we cut it...we capped off the spot on the header...which still leaks because my buddy cant weld...and he tried to seal up the tube by beating the end with a hammer and running a bead across it...u think the tube not being sealed could cause my car to run iffy...it doesnt have any power sometimes but then suddenly goes to its full potential...idk whats going on...when im at a stop light with it in drive and on brake the car vibrates really bad...any input people???
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...308035-1-1.jpg

Show: Starfish Wheels (GT wheels in Sig got stolen)
    GO: POS densecharger, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC longtubes, MAC offroad H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, and POSI. Screamin Demon Coil pack, 9mm Live wires
    In the worx: M90 swap...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

did you ever tune it after the LTs?
    -James | Sports Arena Moderator
    07 BMW 335i - stock
    96 Pontiac Firebird - mods

Nah its not required...people put these headers on everyday and not get them tuned and they run fine...

GO: POS densecharger, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC longtubes, MAC offroad H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, and POSI. Screamin Demon Coil pack, 9mm Live wires

Any CEL's?
    Prob has something to do with the fact that you basically have an exhaust leak.
    Modded.

thats getting fixed this weekend

it's for two reasons:

You NEED to be retuned for the EGR delete.

You have an exhaust leak which is throwing your o2 sensors off causing the car to try and correct itself, thus, producing a rough idle.
    1999 Roush Stage II - B#3115 - 1 of 1 DGS

Your 4.0L guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MadStang View Post
    it's for two reasons:

You NEED to be retuned for the EGR delete.

You have an exhaust leak which is throwing your o2 sensors off causing the car to try and correct itself, thus, producing a rough idle.
    This.

Do you know what the EGR does? The engine is designed to account for the returning gasses. Which it is now lacking. Plus, a tune will make the LT's worth the $$$.