Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Im going into the navy in may

  1. #16
    Whats ICBM??
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...308035-1-1.jpg

    Show: Starfish Wheels (GT wheels in Sig got stolen)
    GO: POS densecharger, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC longtubes, MAC offroad H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, and POSI. Screamin Demon Coil pack, 9mm Live wires
    In the worx: M90 swap...

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #17
    Your 4.0L guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malmstrom AFB
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SLOSN95 View Post
    Whats ICBM??
    Intercontinental Ballistic Missile. 60' tall nuclear tipped cold war era missiles

  4. #18
    Nice dude...don't aim that shit my way...
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...308035-1-1.jpg

    Show: Starfish Wheels (GT wheels in Sig got stolen)
    GO: POS densecharger, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC longtubes, MAC offroad H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, and POSI. Screamin Demon Coil pack, 9mm Live wires
    In the worx: M90 swap...

  5. #19
    The Landed Gentry Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    If I wasn't doing ICBM maintenance, aircraft maintenance would be my next choice.

    I ended up doing Infantry and Artillery. Tanks was my 3rd choice.

    Though, ICBM stuff does sound interesting...
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 03-04-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Sam, The Most Interesting Man on FTV6
    1998 Camaro, Arctic White
    GT40R Turbo, Methanol Injection, T56
    469rwhp, 586rwtq @ 17psi

    Founder of the FTV6 Blu Ray Porn Club

  6. #20
    Your 4.0L guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malmstrom AFB
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    I ended up doing Infantry and Artillery. Tanks was my 3rd choice.

    Though, ICBM stuff does sound interesting...
    This is the AF's best kept secret. I will never deploy, I worked 9 days in february, I get a degree for it (after my GE), and a TS clearance. Missile maintenance > all.

  7. #21
    The Landed Gentry Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    This is the AF's best kept secret. I will never deploy, I worked 9 days in february, I get a degree for it (after my GE), and a TS clearance. Missile maintenance > all.
    Yeah, pretty cool set of perks there. I think the not deploying part wouldn't really work for me though. What i learned being in the artillery was that i was definitely a field Marine, and what i learned in the Infantry was the more time i spent in the field, them more i belonged there.

    Still, if ballistic missiles weren't off limits to literally almost everyone, i'd like to see one, and talk to the guys to maintain them.
    Sam, The Most Interesting Man on FTV6
    1998 Camaro, Arctic White
    GT40R Turbo, Methanol Injection, T56
    469rwhp, 586rwtq @ 17psi

    Founder of the FTV6 Blu Ray Porn Club

  8. #22
    Your 4.0L guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malmstrom AFB
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    Yeah, pretty cool set of perks there. I think the not deploying part wouldn't really work for me though. What i learned being in the artillery was that i was definitely a field Marine, and what i learned in the Infantry was the more time i spent in the field, them more i belonged there.

    Still, if ballistic missiles weren't off limits to literally almost everyone, i'd like to see one, and talk to the guys to maintain them.
    You can talk to me . Drive north on 25 a bit. FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne has 150 spread around, some extend into CO. Look for a small square fenced in area with a chunk of concrete in the middle and white pole sticking out of ground lol. Even though I dont deploy, I still don't spend all my time in a maintenance bay. Our missile field is 23,500 square miles, bigger than west virginia. Some of our missile are about 30 minutes from the canadian border. I may not go to the desert, but you learn things about youself when you have a 16 hour day, 3 hours from base, its -40 outside, and you cant come home till its fixed.

    Last edited by Ducky; 03-06-2009 at 12:03 AM.

  9. #23
    The Landed Gentry Teufel Hunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    You can talk to me . Drive north on 25 a bit. FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne has 150 spread around, some extend into CO. Look for a small square fenced in area with a chunk of concrete in the middle and white pole sticking out of ground lol. Even though I dont deploy, I still don't spend all my time in a maintenance bay. Our missile field is 23,500 square miles, bigger than west virginia. Some of our missile are about 30 minutes from the canadian border. I may not go to the desert, but you learn things about youself when you have a 16 hour day, 3 hours from base, its -40 outside, and you cant come home till its fixed.
    I couldn't get access to anything though right? I'd be very interested in that, actually.

    and to the learning about yourself and growing. The military as a whole, in any field, is a serious source of personal improvement for anyone willing to accept it. What i was meaning by my experiences was just that I'm best suited for the field, not that non-field work is boring or uneventful. My leadership style is such that I definitely thought i made the best contributions in combat, or training people for it. It's funny you mentioned the bitter cold though. In Artillery school, we fired howitzers in -15 or so. Even though it's not as bad as -40, it took those big bastards almost a full 10 or 15 seconds to recoil.
    Sam, The Most Interesting Man on FTV6
    1998 Camaro, Arctic White
    GT40R Turbo, Methanol Injection, T56
    469rwhp, 586rwtq @ 17psi

    Founder of the FTV6 Blu Ray Porn Club

  10. #24
    DAMMMM!!! thats bad ass...just riding down the road and look over and see that...
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...308035-1-1.jpg

    Show: Starfish Wheels (GT wheels in Sig got stolen)
    GO: POS densecharger, MAC underdrive pulleys, MAC longtubes, MAC offroad H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, and POSI. Screamin Demon Coil pack, 9mm Live wires
    In the worx: M90 swap...

  11. #25
    Your 4.0L guy
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Malmstrom AFB
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
    I couldn't get access to anything though right? I'd be very interested in that, actually.

    and to the learning about yourself and growing. The military as a whole, in any field, is a serious source of personal improvement for anyone willing to accept it. What i was meaning by my experiences was just that I'm best suited for the field, not that non-field work is boring or uneventful. My leadership style is such that I definitely thought i made the best contributions in combat, or training people for it. It's funny you mentioned the bitter cold though. In Artillery school, we fired howitzers in -15 or so. Even though it's not as bad as -40, it took those big bastards almost a full 10 or 15 seconds to recoil.
    I dont know about FE, but we have a full training silo on base that we give people tours of all the time. I've taken my parents on a tour.

    The field is where its at man, forget sitting behind a desk. I wouldn't want to work with a howitzer, but I wouldn't hesitate to follow one as a maintainer. I just have to be fixing things. When I get bored I find fix things that aren't broken lol. I was bored one day, so I taught myself how to overclock my computer and spent like 3 days messing with it. Not to knock on your job, different strokes for different folks. At least we understand each others love of being out and about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •