Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3500 top end feedback and info

I realize that this is a fairly old thread, but I was just wondering if you had finished your new build kool?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Half Throttle
    Hi Robindehood and welcome to full throttle! I noticed this is your first post so I'm guessing that you found my thread via google. I have not finished the 3.4/3500 yet, but have been slowly collecting the parts by keeping my eyes peeled for good deals. So far I've bought a LT1 T56 transmission for $200 that will be used for this build. I've bought a powerdyne bd-11a that will be used for some mild boost. So i haven't given up on this project, but life just tends to have more important things pop up all the time. My main reason for not finishing this build is because the camaro that will contain the 3.4/3500 was located at my hometown a thousand miles away from where i work. Luckily this summer i was able to take my camaro on a one thousand mile road trip in order to bring it to my house. I plan to start tearing into this engine this month and hopefully start rebuilding in December and/or January. I've already found a reputable machine shop guy that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do simple engine work. I'm currently doing research on pistons and think that i will settle for Wiseco 2618 alloy pistons. Also, as far as tuning goes i have already bought and somewhat played with the TunerCat software. It is the cheapest option for tuning as it only cost around $150 and it is used to reflash the OBD 1.5 computer. Definately a good deal! Let me know if you have anymore questions. I plan to start a new thread soon with my upcoming build.
    Last edited by koolcamaro; 11-24-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Half Throttle
    For anyone that runs across this thread, the 3.4/3500 is running. I ended up changing the pistons for 9.0 compression. The 11.5 compression is the way to go for an NA setup, however, I'm supercharging this hybrid so needed the lower compression.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345