+ Reply to Thread

older 4.3 v6 tbi with vortec intake manifold

me and my brother where talking and he said we could build my 89 4.3 v6 262 with a vortec intake manifold. i was wondering what problems would i have doing this what parts would have to be changed. has anyone done this tbi to vortec change before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

4.3L moderator
    First of all you are completely changing fuel injection systems and would need the PCM & wiring harness from the same year of the fuel injection you were intending to use.

the vortec manifold only, not the heads?

Than you would use this intake set-up:

Just compare the location of the intake ports on both the head & manifold before attempting the swap.

However if you were thinking of using this Vortec 4.3L induction:

Than no, you would need 96+ Vortec heads too.

Cheers ~Mykk
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 10-21-2008 at 09:57 AM.

4.3 v6 262 tbi from 1989 astro into a 1989 s10

has anyone swapped over a 1989 4.3 v6 tbi engine from a astro to a chevy s10 from around these years and what problems or concerns did you have when you did this. I'm in the process of doing this now and i wanted to know if anyone knows if i have to change the accessory brackets or anything else besides the engine and transmission mounts? what about the air cleaner does that have to be changed to? thank you for your replies
    Last edited by dave89s10; 10-21-2008 at 02:16 PM.

4.3L moderator
    Yes, that swap is done quite often. It would be a direct bolt in. I'm assuming both 4.3s are TBI? you would use the air cleaner from your s10. If mine were TBI I wouldn't be able to resist from making a clean polish/chrome air cleaner fit the TBI.
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 10-21-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04SilveradoMykk View Post
    First of all you are completely changing fuel injection systems and would need the PCM & wiring harness from the same year of the fuel injection you were intending to use.

the vortec manifold only, not the heads?

Than you would use this intake set-up:

Just compare the location of the intake ports on both the head & manifold before attempting the swap.

However if you were thinking of using this Vortec 4.3L induction:

Than no, you would need 96+ Vortec heads too.

Cheers ~Mykk
    So in order to do the swap in the first photo, is there any head work or intake changes involved?

4.3L moderator
    I don't have any personal experience with the fuel injection in the first pic, but just by looking at images online it looks as if that that gen of Vortec induction does bolt on using the older style bolt pattern. I am inclined to say you can use that F.I. on your current heads

+ Reply to Thread