Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shift quality

Quote Originally Posted by SSStang View Post
    Two things v6ers have had alot of problems with...

1.) rpm-outlet
    2.) transgo shift kits
    RPM outlet.... Worst service I have ever had. Hope they go out of business as my credit card company wont even let me buy from them cause of all the problems they have had with them.
    '98 Mystic Firebird Y87 - SOLD 8/31/08

'08 Ford Mustang V6 - dumped X-pipe with no mufflers, GT rear bumper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lol, tell me about it.. at the time i thought the diablo was better so i ordered it but i got the sct instead.. i was like wtf until i researched on it.. but they didn't f-up my pulley set (thank god) but i probably wont use them in the future

Quote Originally Posted by SSStang View Post
    Two things v6ers have had alot of problems with...

1.) rpm-outlet
    2.) transgo shift kits
    I don't agree with the second. If it's installed correctly, it'll do excellently. The shift kit that I've heard nothing but horror stories about is the B&M shift kit. Transgo, most people use because its longevity (if done correctly) and warranty that they have to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSHOgun08 View Post
    RPM outlet.... Worst service I have ever had. Hope they go out of business as my credit card company wont even let me buy from them cause of all the problems they have had with them.
    the online store, yes, they are absolutely terrible. I was told to deal with them over the phone and have had no issues and I've bought from them on numerous occasions.
    1999 Roush Stage II - B#3115 - 1 of 1 DGS

got my shifts right.... i just had to bump up the rpms and adjust the WOT shift point to -3

They quit using the 4r70 in 04 in the mustangs the 05- 09 uses the 5r55w trans best to use a programer on that one there no dip stick and theres only 2 company making kits for them that reqire pump removal the kits work nice but should be installed while the trans is apart the 5455 kits doesnt help shift firmess much either

in a 4r70 i just remove the bottom acculuator spring in the 1-2 and the spring in the 2-3 and drill the tcc feed in the early models

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12