Thread: Tire pressure for autox

Full Throttle Extreme! 1DangerousV6's Avatar

Tire pressure for autox

where do those of you who autocross put your tire pressure at..i know you're supposed to run a little more instead of a little less like drag racing..so i was thinking 40 - 44 psi..but i dunno..any help would be appreciated..thanks!
    12 SECOND DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO
    Camaro World Magazine Featured Camaro March 07
    Bests: ET [email protected], MPH 104.7, 60' 1.75 - Stock TC, 0 - 60 MPH 3.1 sec
    www.12secondV6Camaro.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Half Throttle
    Depends on tires and suspension. I usually ran about 38 front / 32 rear for typical street tire class tires.

Tampa, Florida; St. Marteen; Hartford City, IN.
    When I was running slicks in the C5 it was 30/39 front/rear. Sometimes id run it down to 28 in the fronts. Always had to had more in the rear, could never keep the damn thing planted until the new rear end went in.
    [SIZE="1"]Justin | 2002 Chevy Express Diesel | 2006 Scion xB | 2004 F550 | 99' GSXR 650 | 73' Stingray Vette | 69' GTO

Full Throttle Extreme! 1DangerousV6's Avatar
    cool..well that gives me a ballpark..i think i'll run 35/35 and adjust from there for my car..thanks!
    12 SECOND DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO
    Camaro World Magazine Featured Camaro March 07
    Bests: ET [email protected], MPH 104.7, 60' 1.75 - Stock TC, 0 - 60 MPH 3.1 sec
    www.12secondV6Camaro.com

Chalk on the sidewall will show you if you're rolling over the tread and onto the sidewall in the hard corners.

Put some on, if you see it worn off the sidewall, you need more pressure.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Half Throttle
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloKnight View Post
    When I was running slicks in the C5 it was 30/39 front/rear. Sometimes id run it down to 28 in the fronts. Always had to had more in the rear, could never keep the damn thing planted until the new rear end went in.
    Were you running staggered tire sizes? That'd have a big effect compared to an f-bod. Heck, the IRS on a Vette vs our live axle is another reason vette pressures won't be too comparable to an F-bod. Something about rear camber (and toe)..