Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans Am wrap around spoiler on a v6 Firebird.

Trans Am wrap around spoiler on a v6 Firebird.

hey, I have a v6 Firebird. I'd like to get a Trans Am spoiler put on it, but the little spoiler I have now, and the Trans Am spoiler are both connected to the trunk. Is there any way to get a Trans Am spoiler on my v6 body style car without having to replace the whole trunk hatch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Constantly Overachieving Merlin's Avatar
    not particulary
    Justin

GMC Sierra 2008
    Yamaha V-Star 1100 2003

For more information about the L67 swap into an F-body, please click here

Banned
    Nope.

Holy shit, it's a Phil! Firebirdphil's Avatar
    Nope, gotta buy a TA hatch to get the wing. Look around on craigslist to find a deal like I did.

2000 Pewter Firebird A4, 3.42, LSD
    -Full Bolt Ons, Sub Frame Connectors, BMR STB
    www.fquick.com/firebirdphil

If you get a T/A hatch, I'd suggest getting a T/A rear bumper too, I feel it looks out of place with out the correct bumper.
    Myspace
    1980 SE Trans Am - Pontiac 400, 6X heads
    2001 Blazer LS 2WD - Xenons, 2WD, Full Stereo
    2001 Firebird Y87 - SOLD

Light Throttle Silenceinfullcolor's Avatar
    ^ I second that.
    Dustin

2001 Trans Am M6 - Not Stock
    1994 Blazer - Beater

and a third lol
    ~Zach~GM Tech~
    95 V6 SOLD
    88 5.7 Trans Am GTA
    black on black with gold
    98 Z28
    4.10s, HP Tuners, Ls6 intake, Stalled, Built Trans, SLP LM1, Suspension...

Enemy With Benefits
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    If you get a T/A hatch, I'd suggest getting a T/A rear bumper too, I feel it looks out of place with out the correct bumper.
    well if u get tha TA bumper u gotta get the TA side skirts 2 b/c the bumper looks out of place without the correct side skirts and if u get the sideskirts u need to get the TA front bumper cuz the skirts would look out of place w/ the formy bumper and if you get all the TA appearance stuff u gotta swap in a ls1 cuz otherwise u wuld jus b anoter V6 poser pretendin 2 b a TA

If you want a TA hatch, then get it. You may make these random 3 guys happy, but i promise you 5 others will come on complaining how a TA bumper looks without the sideskirt, how the sideskirt looks w/o the TA front bumper, how you're just a poser if you look like a TA but are a V6....so might as well just focus on what you want. And, if all you want is a TA hatch, then just get that and tell the others to lay off the haterade
    Last edited by SmokePanther; 06-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Chad | 2010 Ford Mustang GT | 2011 Ducati 848 |

Banned
    Heh some people give you the poser chit when You just mod a V6, muchless look like a
    V8.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokePanther View Post
    well if u get tha TA bumper u gotta get the TA side skirts 2 b/c the bumper looks out of place without the correct side skirts and if u get the sideskirts u need to get the TA front bumper cuz the skirts would look out of place w/ the formy bumper and if you get all the TA appearance stuff u gotta swap in a ls1 cuz otherwise u wuld jus b anoter V6 poser pretendin 2 b a TA
    This man speaketh the truth.

Just get the hatch, there is no need to turn your car into a TA wannabe. Also look up TMCY2K, his car has the TA hatch but with the W68 body kit and it looks perfect IMO.
    John, 1999 Isuzu Vehicross Ironman Edition
    No more F-Bodies after 15 years of nothing else

Full Throttle Extreme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpunk View Post
    This man speaketh the truth.

Just get the hatch, there is no need to turn your car into a TA wannabe. Also look up TMCY2K, his car has the TA hatch but with the W68 body kit and it looks perfect IMO.
    Agreed

Well...I think it's all about what you like man. I think the t/a ground effects and spoiler looks great. I can understand the whole poser thing but if that's the look you want, make sure you can back it up buddy and be proud to pop that hood of a sharp lookin 6'er
    Reggie
    01 trans am
    black/black 6sp
    lt's, td's, intake, some suspension..yall know

Its all a matter of taste, as for a V6 with just the T/A rear bumper, I think it looks fine, the stock v6 bumper runs higher than rest of the car, a T/A bumper will bring it all even.

hating on something and giving your personal opinion when it was asked is different.
    Last edited by Crispy; 06-24-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: fixed broken picture links
    Myspace
    1980 SE Trans Am - Pontiac 400, 6X heads
    2001 Blazer LS 2WD - Xenons, 2WD, Full Stereo
    2001 Firebird Y87 - SOLD

Enemy With Benefits
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Its all a matter of taste, as for a V6 with just the T/A rear bumper, I think it looks fine, the stock v6 bumper runs higher than rest of the car, a T/A bumper will bring it all even.
    and the TA bumper comes lower than the rest of the car without the TA sideskirts....not hating on it, just giving my personal opinion

Fix your pics, BTW.
    Chad | 2010 Ford Mustang GT | 2011 Ducati 848 |

Well personally, I like the way the Trans Ams looks with the ground effects and the high rise spoiler....thats why I put them on my little V6 'bird. In my opinion, if you leave the Firebird emblems on the car and dont tell everyone that it is a T/A....then youre not a poser.
    Proud owner of an underpowered Trans Am clone...3.4 A4 V6, Bilstein HDs, black 17x9.5 ZO6 replicas, BMR adjustable torque arm-trans tunnel brace w/loop-stb-sfc-lca-phr-poly bushings, 1 piece driveshaft, gold 25th anniversary style stripes, honeycomb taillights, TA f/r bumpers-hatch-gfx-door panels-center console.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast