Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talked to an Air Force recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by SilverV6 View Post
    Basic Training req's that you can run 2 miles in 18 minutes. Its a joke, you get 7 weeks of training to bring your time down... Trust me, you will have no issues with the run. The PT tests that they are giving the scores for is for your yearly Fit-test after you getting into the real AF =)
    yeah I was just thinking that cus i went though basic not too long ago and there are set number you HAVE to meet to graduate BMT. Granted things have changed since then since i was still on the 6 week program and Bmt is now 8 weeks long so i don't know how things have change in the pt part of things.
    Gary | 60 V6 mod
    1994 3.4 Black Camaro : Bought May 26, 2001

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BMT wont go to 8 weeks till november, i take my physical next wednesday then i just wait till i ship to basic sometime in Sept or Oct
    Driving the black monte down the road,I owe I owe so off to work i go. A Harley rider once said don't buy a Victory for your first bike it's like a Harley on steroids.

Oh yeah, I may be going to a school in Pensacola, FL in Sept. And it's a 6 week course. I may miss you completely.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

dammnnitttt noooooooooo
    Driving the black monte down the road,I owe I owe so off to work i go. A Harley rider once said don't buy a Victory for your first bike it's like a Harley on steroids.

Well here is an update. When did physical today to have to go back Monday at 6:00am for an ortho consult on my shoulder and a consult about my refract on my left eye. Today has been long it started at 430. When I got in from meps i had to take a nap.

Yeah, the meps day can suck, but just wait to your ship out date =) That is gonna be the longest day of your life. Get up at 5:30, a few more hours of med testing, questions, paperwork, swearing in... Then the flights to Texas, the bus ride, the sitting around getting processed in, then getting yelled at for a few hours, then sleep at 4-6am the next day =)
    1998 Silver Camaro - Stage 3 clutch, 3.42 LSD, 1 piece Alum DS, Pacesetter Headers, TSP rumbler, CAI and more in the garage.
    2008 YZF R6 - Exhaust, Power Commander 3, pretty plastic pieces....
    1999 Ford Expedition Beater

Ah, I remember the first day of zero week...

Quote Originally Posted by GS Jon View Post
    Oh yeah, I may be going to a school in Pensacola, FL in Sept. And it's a 6 week course. I may miss you completely.

You're coming to MY town!!! Zomg we are soo gonna hang out!!! I think andrew will be gone by then, but we'll see. Shodown will still be here.
    2010 Camaro RS/SS LS3 M6 AFe cai, GMPP catback

Oh yeah, I'll be there for around 6+ weeks, so I'm sure we'll find some time to hang out.

I'll let you know more as I find out the details.

the wake up call was at 430 they had us meet down stairs at 500 to eat breakfast at 515 and be at MEPS by 545

Yeah, I couldn't really remember what time the wake call was. I just remembered that it was really early, and a real long day.
    1998 Silver Camaro - Stage 3 clutch, 3.42 LSD, 1 piece Alum DS, Pacesetter Headers, TSP rumbler, CAI and more in the garage.
    2008 YZF R6 - Exhaust, Power Commander 3, pretty plastic pieces....
    1999 Ford Expedition Beater

yes this is true i get to do it all over again monday so i'll update ya'll monday afternoon to tell ya'll what job and when my shipdate is if i get in

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjay2101 View Post
    yes this is true i get to do it all over again monday so i'll update ya'll monday afternoon to tell ya'll what job and when my shipdate is if i get in
    why do you have to go again?
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

Update, I have now been sworn in to the Air Force as of 5pm today. I plan to ship out for BMT around my birthday of Sept 14. I don't have a set a job yet but once i get the set job i will notify everyone about my orders

'Gratz. Can't believe you're going in open general...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast