Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Careless driving ticket in FL

Careless driving ticket in FL

I got a citation for careless driving on friday. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much deserved it. Some guy cut me off and I went medievel on his ass.

How big of a deal is "careless driving"? I'm from virginia, and we don't have a careless driving clause there. We have "reckless driving", which is a huge deal. It's a misdemeanor charge, and your insurance quadruples, you get alot of points on your liscense, etc...

If floridas "careless driving" the same kinda thing, or is it a lesser charge? My ticket was only $118. In virginia, reckless driving tickets are always over $350.

I was offered the option to take driving school to get it waived or something like that. What is florida driving school like?
    2010 Camaro RS/SS LS3 M6 AFe cai, GMPP catback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

careless is like swerving in and out of traffic and whatnot. so basically just being dumb on the road.. take the class so you get no points on your license... points on license + insurance=

class is around 6 hours long and it makes you want to kill yourself of boredom
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/045/5/7/Squirrel_on_a_Motorbike_by_Suzanyab.jpg
    Steve
    2007 Honda CBR 600RR (daily)
    2003 KTM 525sx (Trails/MX toy)
    2007 Chevy Silverado (Toy Hauler/Truck stuff)

I would take the class.

One of my friends got a careless driving ticket last night for spinning his tires in a parking garage.

98 SS - BBK 80mm T/B, Whisper lid, Borla exhaust, ported MAF, Hypertech, Black Z06 w/ polished lip, KYB AGX, LT1 Prokit

RIP- 96 RS

F.Y.I- my old name was WS-3800-Lifter

Take the class, I think the ticket will get reduced and it won't show up on your insurance. You can take a class online, be prepared to get a dozen advertisments in the mail for different online schools. They are real easy BTW and you can only take them 5 times in your life.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Full Throttle Extreme!
    up here in ny, when you take the class you can take the 6 hour class split up into 3, 2hour classes check to see if you have that down there

At least on the internet sites you can do it whenever you have time and come back and finish it. I know you must have a weird schedule sometimes Malice being in the military.
    Justin
    00 GTP Daytona
    77 Morris Garage B
    (insert new project car here shortly)

Careless Driving is a slap on the wrist in Florida compared to Wreckless Driving. If you rear-end someone, get into a fender bender or something similar that would be under Careless Driving. Wreckless driving would be something like going over 120mph while side swiping cars in a school zone.
    2004 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra 2500HD
    2002 Torch Red Z06 394HP/379TQ R.I.P.
    2000 Navy Blue Metallic Trans Am H/C/I LQ4 460HP/427TQ SOLD
    1998 Dark Carmine Red Metallic Z34 [email protected] 2.06 60' SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy3800 View Post
    Careless Driving is a slap on the wrist in Florida compared to Wreckless Driving. If you rear-end someone, get into a fender bender or something similar that would be under Careless Driving. Wreckless driving would be something like going over 120mph while side swiping cars in a school zone.
    THATS what I wanted to know. Careless is such a wussy term.

Is wrong most of the time chadder's Avatar
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
    1999 Chevy Corvette Coupe

W just got new laws passed in Melbourne designed to stamp out street racing, but it's gotten out of control. The cops can impound your car for 48 hours for a burnout. It's a three strike deal, on the third strike you lose your car for good and they auction it off.

One guy got his dad's company car, (that he was not supposed to be driving) impounded for 72 hours for doing double the speed limit on a freeway.

The real sooks want to make it legal for the cops to actually destroy your car in a crusher for repeat offences.

All this is fine, but it would be nice if the government actually provided facilities and events so kids wouldn't race on the streets. There is a council owned and maintained football field in every town, surely it would be not too much trouble to put a sprint track or drag strip in half a dozen places around the state.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Malice. It just makes me see red when the sins of a few make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy the perks of life.
    Video piracy is stealing?

I wouldn't steal a car, but if a buddy rang me up and said, "Hey man, just got myself a brand new GTO, you want me to burn you a copy?"

I wouldn't need thinking music.

You can take an online calss malice its four hours long you will fly threw the questions. You can just watch TV and wait for the timer to run out on each session. I got one of those tickets before.

EDIT: then they send you your diploma paper and you can just send a copy to the court house of the county you got pulled over.
    Naz
    2005- Grand Prix Comp-g struts,front swaybar,GMPP rear sway bar,BMR trailing arms,zzp tower braces.
    1999- Lumina LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by chadder View Post
    Man, you never miss a chance to call me a dumass, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoPersona View Post
    W just got new laws passed in Melbourne designed to stamp out street racing, but it's gotten out of control. The cops can impound your car for 48 hours for a burnout. It's a three strike deal, on the third strike you lose your car for good and they auction it off.

One guy got his dad's company car, (that he was not supposed to be driving) impounded for 72 hours for doing double the speed limit on a freeway.

The real sooks want to make it legal for the cops to actually destroy your car in a crusher for repeat offences.

All this is fine, but it would be nice if the government actually provided facilities and events so kids wouldn't race on the streets. There is a council owned and maintained football field in every town, surely it would be not too much trouble to put a sprint track or drag strip in half a dozen places around the state.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Malice. It just makes me see red when the sins of a few make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy the perks of life.
    California has very similar laws here. Don't you guys have any kind of privatley owned drag strips or anything to run at?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor789 View Post
    You can take an online calss malice its four hours long you will fly threw the questions. You can just watch TV and wait for the timer to run out on each session. I got one of those tickets before.

EDIT: then they send you your diploma paper and you can just send a copy to the court house of the county you got pulled over.
    That is my plan.

Full Throttle
    class is four hour
    www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com is where i did mine...super easy and cheap.

Is wrong most of the time chadder's Avatar
    Man, you never miss a chance to call me a dumass, do you?
    Stop taking things so personally. When else have I called you a dumbass?

gah, dumbass.
    Chad
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
    1999 Chevy Corvette Coupe

Stop talk on off topic & stop your private add. Please share something important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast