+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rebilding the 3.4L Engine in my Camaro

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum, and I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the top end of my engine. The head gaskets went and were causing me to have a lot of problems, so I'm replacing all the gaskets, cleaning everything, and replacing anything that needs to be replaced.

While I have my engine apart though, I'm thinking about putting a new cam in it. I saw what looked like a pretty nice cam that Comp Cams made.

Duration 260/ 260, Lift .440/ .440

My engine has 94,XXX miles on it.

I was wondering if anyone used an aftermarket cam on their 3.4L engine and if so, how they liked it.

I'll post up a few pictures tommrow of my progress on the engine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

well ill probably cam mine long after you figure out what you like... cause its pretty far down the list... i do wanna know how it goes with your rebuild, cause i kinda want to rebuild mine sometime soon as well.

keep us posted.

[Matt]
    -------------------------------------------
    '94 Camaro - 3.4l
    '92 Park Avenue - 3800 S/C

nice camaro white thunder, ive been looking at the trans go kits, think you can fill me in on the whole "manual capabilities" of it all? also, is thats plenum case custom? ive thought about doing something similar. very nice ride.

EDIT: oh, i see that you sandblasted and paited it, but is it purely painted, or is that some kind of metal/plastic cap over it?

[Matt]
    Last edited by some_guy_named_matt; 01-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    '94 Camaro - 3.4l
    '92 Park Avenue - 3800 S/C

Here are some pictures

94 Formula - A4 - SLP LM1 Exhaust, Pasesetter LT's, ORY, & CAI

I'm currently getting the fuel injectors rebuilt and cleaned at the place I work. Thats where I am as of today.

I'm definately going to have to clean out the engine bay.. Its a little dirty.

I'm hoping to get it completed by tommrow.
    Last edited by Camaro_94; 01-24-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder View Post
    Do you have any sound clips or videos of that? I'm very curious to see how that sounds.

That car looks awesome too .

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: funkz
    That looks familiar, lol. Not planning on a water pump or timing set replacement while you're in there?
    Zahn
    2000 GrandAm GT
    1994 Firebird SOLD

The water pump is still working good. I was pretty suprised at that though.

I probibly could have replaced the timing set though, although it didnt really need it.

I should be done with it monday though.

Rebuilding the 3.4L Engine

I'm about to do this on my 95 3.4 camaro. Any pointers you can give me on what to expect?

Looks great so far, might aswell slap some headers on there while your at it esp if you might cam it. I want to cam my 3.4 so bad. Does anyone have a spound clip of a cammed 3.4?
    ~ Collin
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers(soundclip), J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, Pacesetter Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint

Full Throttle Extreme! insaneABOT's Avatar
    My guess would be something like this.You can't really make out the sound do to the distortion of the mic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensUszd9SP0

Replacing Head Gasket

Any special tools I would need? Also about how long it takes to replace if you never done? 8hours, day or 2? ETC
    1995 3.4 Camaro Daily Driver 193,243 miles
    2001 SS Camaro -SLP Lid, Magnaflow Exhaust,1 7/8 American Racing LTs with Cats

he still has to still have the stock manifolds on their casue it sould horrible.
    ~ Collin
    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers(soundclip), J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, Pacesetter Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast