99 Firebird - ls1 swapped
    00 s-10 - 4.3 waiting to explode
    96 f150 - 4.9 already asploded

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Full Throttle Extreme! 97rs4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lo_jack View Post
    Ok, so what is the status?

Vic's motor died so his R&D is probably suspended. 97rs how do you know which version you are getting, the older, slightly lower style or the newer, taller one?
    I have the older style that is slightly lower. Collecting parts for my build and have not tried fitment yet
    1997 Camaro RS with a little bit of giggle juice.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com

i have not found numbers yet but i have bean reading that the holdens intake was desighned to flow better then the original FWD intake.

i am asuming the original FWD intake was the one off a F-body. i will keep looking for real stats.
    Tom H.
    92 LeBaron Convertible 3.0L v6: turbo 3L v6 build 97 Grand Marquis GS: retired police cruiser
    99 Grand Prix GTP 2dr: top swapped beater97 Grand Prix GT 4dr: Project "frankenstein"

seriously guys any pics on a F-body?
    2000 saturn L200....RETIRED after 300,xxx miles of loyal service
    1993 camaro z28....sold to move home
    2005 grand prix....totaled
    1997 camaro v6 a4 convertable....being fixed and painted then heading for retirement
    2005 Bonneville GXP...the lead sled
    2000 camaro SS...LS1 stock block, LS 243 heads, 2004 LS6 cam, FAST 92mm intake and TB, hooker headers and catted y pipe, Borla 3 inch cat back with cutout....she hasnt seen a set of tail lights yet!!!!
    Dan

old thread is old but I know this thread and unless the pics have been removed they were in this thread. Also use the search feature, there are members on here/were on here that posted pics of the swap.
    Larry:
    1996 camaro- Ole Blue. the very very very long time consuming project car
    1997 camaro- VIPER- turbov6camaro, search the forum for more info
    1979 Mustang Cobra - dad passed and left it to me, gonna be a clean street/strip car
    2014 Silverado CCSB 4x4 LTZ diamond white. Daily driver

I have doubts about the holden intake being all that superior to the f-body intake in an NA set up. While the center/side inlet would provide better air distribution( and help the engine run smoother) it's plenum doesn't really apear any larger then the f-body plenum. If the plenums are similar in size you wouldn't see noticable HP gains, maybe alittle from better distribution, but not worth the money. It's probly already been discused here, but I haven't seen any actual numbers on the internal volume of the holden plenum.If it's large enough to provide 100% displcement volume or not. Any one got that info?

I've been running it awhile now

Quote Originally Posted by mdiesel1 View Post
    I have doubts about the holden intake being all that superior to the f-body intake in an NA set up. While the center/side inlet would provide better air distribution( and help the engine run smoother) it's plenum doesn't really apear any larger then the f-body plenum. If the plenums are similar in size you wouldn't see noticable HP gains, maybe alittle from better distribution, but not worth the money. It's probly already been discused here, but I haven't seen any actual numbers on the internal volume of the holden plenum.If it's large enough to provide 100% displcement volume or not. Any one got that info?
    Plenum volume is only one part of the formula for intake manifold effects on horsepower. Look more at intake runner length/volume, profile and angle of the runner going to the cylinder head and how well it works with the cylinder head intake port/valve, then you have the fuel mixture distribution leading up to the back side of the valve. From what I've gathered from those that have had both in their hands, the f-body intakes are sub-par in comparison. To you, it might be minor gains, but when you start moving to maximum effort builds, it pays dividends to make sure all cylinders are getting the proper amount of air delivered.
    Click here for My Project Thread
    2000 Firebird
    ●WOT-Tech Thumper●P&P Intake/Heads●Longtubes●Strano HP7 Package●T56●

Quote Originally Posted by WarShrike View Post
    Plenum volume is only one part of the formula for intake manifold effects on horsepower. Look more at intake runner length/volume, profile and angle of the runner going to the cylinder head and how well it works with the cylinder head intake port/valve, then you have the fuel mixture distribution leading up to the back side of the valve. From what I've gathered from those that have had both in their hands, the f-body intakes are sub-par in comparison. To you, it might be minor gains, but when you start moving to maximum effort builds, it pays dividends to make sure all cylinders are getting the proper amount of air delivered.
    Very true, but the bigest problem with the f-body intake is how badly the plenum is undersized. While intake runner length/volume can have a significant effect on your engine's torque rpm range and hp, if your plenum is vastly undersized it still chokes the motors ability to breath. No doubt the holden intake is better then the f-body intake, and I probly mis-worded my thought in my earlier post. From what I've seen, getting a holden set up here in the US is pretty costly . If the Holden's plenum is similar in size to the F-body's, then it still doesnt entirely solve the intake's biggest issue in an NA build. Question then would be, are the improvements of using a holden intake worth the cost of getting one ? I'd love to see some flow chart data between the two manifolds, if anybody's got it. I tried looking myself, but couldnt find any...

Mine wasn't expensive at all to get here.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122