Thread: PS fluid for auto-x?

Full Throttle Extreme! 1DangerousV6's Avatar

PS fluid for auto-x?

i'd like to keep my power steering fluid from over heating or leaking for once..do any of you guys run a certain type of fluid for auto-x?..one that has a higher heat tollerance?..can i add a cooler to the PS system?..i've heard of guys draining a vey small amount out to releave some pressure but i'm not so sure that's a good idea or something i want to do
    12 SECOND DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO
    Camaro World Magazine Featured Camaro March 07
    Bests: ET [email protected], MPH 104.7, 60' 1.75 - Stock TC, 0 - 60 MPH 3.1 sec
    www.12secondV6Camaro.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Half Throttle
    Turn One PS Pump or LS1 Cooler will do it (one or the other for autox, both for road racing)

I use Red Line PS fluid.

Draining doesn't make sense. Yeah it won't overflow as much but you'll still overheat. Just too much fluid churning through the bypass circuit at high RPM's.

Full Throttle Extreme! 1DangerousV6's Avatar
    cool..im just doing some solo competitions..but i'll probably check out both anyway..along with that fluid..thanks!
    12 SECOND DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO
    Camaro World Magazine Featured Camaro March 07
    Bests: ET [email protected], MPH 104.7, 60' 1.75 - Stock TC, 0 - 60 MPH 3.1 sec
    www.12secondV6Camaro.com

well at this time Im puting a LS1 P.S. cooler on my car. the only problem is we really dont have the room to put it on the cool side of the radiator hoses, so instead, Im cutting a hole out of the air dam under the bottom of the car, and hooking it up to the cooler. so instead of liquid transfer of the heat, it s air transfered. it should work quite well if it goes on the way I plan.
    Last edited by Blacdout96; 03-19-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Half Throttle
    ? There was plenty of space to put it in the lower radiator hose (the cool side).

Those of us with Cadillac CTS-V have the same problem with the power steering fluid overheating as the cooler is VERY small. A switch to Red Line's fluid solved the issue. One note, in very cold weather the pump whines a bit upon start up with the Red Line.

Feff