Thread: Supercharged Swap

Full Throttle Extreme! Webby092's Avatar

Supercharged Swap

Hey everyone,
    My roomate has a 98 Bonne with the NA motor. The motor popped, so we are lookin at swapping in a blower motor. We found a motor with, harness, ECU, tranny all accessories except the MAF sensor. What else will we need to do the swap? I imagine the CV shafts are more stout on the blower car, and the fuel pump would need to be upgraded. Anything else i am missing?
    Thanks
    Dave W.
    BOYCOTT Critical Customs LLC. They are nothing but petty thiefs!
    04 Grand Prix GT - Tinted|Tinted Tails|Comp G Seats|Thrasher CAI|Hooker Mufflers|Magnaflow Dual/Dual Tips|ZZP Tuned|5 Button Swap|ZZP F/R Strut Bars|6k HIDS|Pewter Interior Swap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmm, sounds complete, but I haven't had a good night's sleep so I could easily be wrong.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Thanks Jon, anyone else have any info? Need to get this done soon!
    Dave W.
    04 Grand Prix GT - Tinted|Tinted Tails|Comp G Seats|Thrasher CAI|Hooker Mufflers|Magnaflow Dual/Dual Tips|ZZP Tuned|5 Button Swap|ZZP F/R Strut Bars|6k HIDS|Pewter Interior Swap

How the condition of the N/A trans? Id see if flyingGTP has any more intel befor going ahead on this.
    Naz
    2005- Grand Prix Comp-g struts,front swaybar,GMPP rear sway bar,BMR trailing arms,zzp tower braces.
    1999- Lumina LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Razor789 View Post
    How the condition of the N/A trans? Id see if flyingGTP has any more intel befor going ahead on this.

The n/a trans in the car has 85k on it. Never been abused.
    Dave W.

If the new engine's got a trans on it, it should be the -HD version and better suited for use in this swap.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Mud in the hvac box again FlyinGTP's Avatar
    better make sure that trans is a 4t65e and not a 4t60. h bodies of that era could of had either as they were a overall older design. easiest way to tell if it has a 4t60 is to look for the vacuum modulator and vacuum line running to the transaxle. if you have that a stock series 2 will probably make short work of it.

if its a 4t65e non hd it will probably hold up for a while if you don't beat the snot of it or mod the hell out of it.

i would do a hd swap on top of it but i know that i can't be trusted not to beat the hell out of it.
    Peeing in people's cheerios 24/7!
    97 GTP & 00 GP GT

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGTP View Post
    better make sure that trans is a 4t65e and not a 4t60. h bodies of that era could of had either as they were a overall older design. easiest way to tell if it has a 4t60 is to look for the vacuum modulator and vacuum line running to the transaxle. if you have that a stock series 2 will probably make short work of it.

if its a 4t65e non hd it will probably hold up for a while if you don't beat the snot of it or mod the hell out of it.

i would do a hd swap on top of it but i know that i can't be trusted not to beat the hell out of it.

Not sure if it is a HD trans or not. The L67 we are looking at comes with the transaxel, so I am assuming that it is the HD version. It came out of an H-body Lesabre.
    Dave W.

Mud in the hvac box again FlyinGTP's Avatar
    has to be out of a park ave or a riv for it to be a supercharged 4t65e hd setup. they never made that new of lesabre's with supercharged setup. but that doesn't really matter.

if its a series 2 supercharged powertrain it should be coupled to a 4t65e hd.
    Peeing in people's cheerios 24/7!
    97 GTP & 00 GP GT

if u use an hd youll hav to swap the passenger side axle or build a hybrid cause the hd uses a shorter axle on that side u can use the stock driverside axle if u had a 4t65 already