Thread: I want YOUR input!

I want YOUR input!

This section is for the REAL racers out there, and those that want to join the ranks!

As such, I'd like this to be a great resource for you to come to so you can learn or reference as needed so you can make informed decisions. So, to accomplish this I want to know what you want to see put up in here.

A breakdown of the rules as it applies to our supported platforms has been thought up, a layman's guide to what each type of event is also planned.

I want to know what else would benefit YOU. Post up in here, no reasonable ideas will be ignored!

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm curious about how they measure G's on the skid pad. Can you post a short article on that?
    2010 Camaro RS/SS LS3 M6 AFe cai, GMPP catback

I'll look it up and post it when I find it.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

If you can find a general guide about car setup that would be good too. I don't want anything too technical, because that would be for the suspension setup section. I was thinking of items such as:

tire pressure- more is generally better to prevent sidewall rollover
    Seat adjustment and posture-contrary to 2F2F, you need your seat straight up and down. Don't touch the shifter unless you have to. I'm really bad about this.
    weight distribution- 50/50 is better than having less total weight. It has been my experience that I lose the rear end a lot more often if I race on low tank of gas and if I remove my spare tire. I leave those things in to keep the rear more stable. It's worth more in the end than having a SLIGHT acceleration gain.

etc.. etc....
    2010 Camaro RS/SS LS3 M6 AFe cai, GMPP catback

weight considerations

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    If you can find a general guide about car setup that would be good too. I don't want anything too technical, because that would be for the suspension setup section. I was thinking of items such as:

tire pressure- more is generally better to prevent sidewall rollover
    Seat adjustment and posture-contrary to 2F2F, you need your seat straight up and down. Don't touch the shifter unless you have to. I'm really bad about this.
    weight distribution- 50/50 is better than having less total weight. It has been my experience that I lose the rear end a lot more often if I race on low tank of gas and if I remove my spare tire. I leave those things in to keep the rear more stable. It's worth more in the end than having a SLIGHT acceleration gain.

etc.. etc....
    Weight distribution can be affected by different front rear swaybar adjustments. The adjustment of the panhard bar can iimprove oversteer/understeer.

Total weight is the more important factor since it affects acceleration and also braking not to mention how it affects transfer of adhesion in changing any direction; forward; backward; side to side.

dont ask
    throttle control theory!

during the HPDE's i did in the vette it was one of the main topics for controlling the situations that arise.

hard brake + part throttle work really changed the way my ride dug in, in the corners, made rollout alot easier.

im sure that are some tech articles about this, they'd be helpful.