Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: regal gs mods

^^^not true. The thermostat is completly mechanical. When the coolant hits a certain temp the t-stat opens. There's a sensor there that can throw a code if it's too cold (some people get it with a drilled 180, some with a 160, some not at all) but it doesn't trigger the t-stat to open. The metal spring expands to push the valve open and coolant flows through. A 180*, or any t-stat will work w/o any PCM programming
    Garage Pet :: '02 SOM WS-6 T/A: intake, Hooker headers, 3.5" cat-back with dual cutouts, skip shift elem. 345 rwhp, <40K miles
    My Daily :: '11 F-150 FX4 SCREW in Sterling Grey: Ecoboost, 20" FX4 rims, N-Fab Step bars, stock Nav and Sync, all of the other stock goodies

Men have been taught that the highest virtue is not to achieve, but to give. Yet, one cannot give that which has not been created...The need of the creator comes before the need of any possible beneficiary.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cody6766
    ^^^not true. The thermostat is completly mechanical. When the coolant hits a certain temp the t-stat opens. There's a sensor there that can throw a code if it's too cold (some people get it with a drilled 180, some with a 160, some not at all) but it doesn't trigger the t-stat to open. The metal spring expands to push the valve open and coolant flows through. A 180*, or any t-stat will work w/o any PCM programming

works for me
    1988 Fiero GT......6 cylinder......for sale......coming as soon as possible, Regal GS, what my Dad classifies to be a more practical car.

http://www.tallahasseemusclecar.com

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarb8
    One more question, would you recommend spending the extra money and getting the JimmyC v2 over the JimmC v1?
    Depends on what you're going to do with your car. With the V1, you weld the DP to your stock or aftermarket cat to retain your car's emissions testing compliance. With the V2, there are no provisions for a cat, so if you have emissions testing in your area you'll be SOL if they do a visual inspection on your car's emission equipment. So, the question is do you have emissions testing in your area or where you may plan to move?
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Quote Originally Posted by GS Jon
    Depends on what you're going to do with your car. With the V1, you weld the DP to your stock or aftermarket cat to retain your car's emissions testing compliance. With the V2, there are no provisions for a cat, so if you have emissions testing in your area you'll be SOL if they do a visual inspection on your car's emission equipment. So, the question is do you have emissions testing in your area or where you may plan to move?
    I live in Florida and they never have emissions here so i should probably go with the V2
    1988 Fiero GT......6 cylinder......for sale......coming as soon as possible, Regal GS, what my Dad classifies to be a more practical car.

Then I wouldn't worry about a cat. Sure, go with the V2. Be aware this may change the sound of your exhaust from those with a 3" DP and cat. You'll have to get the opinions of those who run their cars with this setup, however.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

yea, when i get the car i plan on running 3" exhaust through, I'm going to talk to a guy in TMCA (tallahassee muscle car association) that ran an exhaust system all the way through and it sounds really good. I checked out the GM dealership in town here, which is very small, and they didn't even have one regal.....I'm going to west palm in two weeks so i may end up buying one down there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12