Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: regal gs mods

regal gs mods

I am looking for a Buick Regal GS and I am also looking into modifying it. Would the best starting modifications be the 3.4" pulley and the supporting mods and exhaust?
    1988 Fiero GT......6 cylinder......for sale......coming as soon as possible, Regal GS, what my Dad classifies to be a more practical car.

http://www.tallahasseemusclecar.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarb8
    I am looking for a Buick Regal GS and I am also looking into modifying it. Would the best starting modifications be the 3.4" pulley and the supporting mods and exhaust?

Id start with a 3.4, autolite 605 plugs gagged at .055, an intake of some sort and a downpipe.

Id also find someone or purchase a scan tool, that should be the first thing anyone modding a car should purchase

I am worthless
    What up lou

whats up alex?(fierocious)
    1988 Fiero GT......6 cylinder......for sale......coming as soon as possible, Regal GS, what my Dad classifies to be a more practical car.

I agree, get a FWI, 3" dp, ubend delete, some autolite 106's, 180* t-stat and some new plug wires. Wires won't do anything for perormance, but chances are you're due for a tune up anyway. That's probably the best starting mod list for the money
    Garage Pet :: '02 SOM WS-6 T/A: intake, Hooker headers, 3.5" cat-back with dual cutouts, skip shift elem. 345 rwhp, <40K miles
    My Daily :: '11 F-150 FX4 SCREW in Sterling Grey: Ecoboost, 20" FX4 rims, N-Fab Step bars, stock Nav and Sync, all of the other stock goodies

Men have been taught that the highest virtue is not to achieve, but to give. Yet, one cannot give that which has not been created...The need of the creator comes before the need of any possible beneficiary.

I would try some Autolite 104s. Do you plan to continue modding? If so, you'd be better off getting a modular pulley system so future pulley swap can be a breeze.

104's definantly, and I dont know about the wires, L67 wires are damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by L67
    104's definantly, and I dont know about the wires, L67 wires are damn good.
    not until the 3.4
    1997 GTP

yea i do plan on future mods, i just wanted to get some basic mods to start until i can start saving up more money for the more expensive mods. I still have to find a car, I've been looking around town and i'm going down to west palm in like 2 and 1/2 weeks so i might end up buying it down there. I'm just trying to do some reserch so I know what to expect, thanks for all the input.

make sure you get with me or jeremy before buying one.
    1997 GTP

Alright, I'll do that......I'm also going to have my dad thoroughly inspect it and drive it

Supporting mods?

- Autolite 104 Spark Plugs
    - New OEM Spark Plug Wires
    - 99+ Airbox/F-Duct (gutted) with K&N Panel or Cone filter (WizAired CAI if you can afford it)
    - 3" Downpipe (either custom or the Random Tech. DP, get the one with a cat if you need to pass emissions) I've heard good things about these DP's: http://www.jimmycracing.com
    - U-Bend/Resonator delete
    - 180* Thermostat
    - SCANNER!!!!!
    - May need a reprogrammed PCM to keep KR down

After all this is installed, THEN get your 3.4" pulley. I like to play on the safe side. There's no need for aftermarket wires, and they tend to cause more problems than they solve. The stock units are fine and the ignition system on the L67/L32's are plenty strong. Don't mess with something that isn't broke.

Make sure your dad checks out the transmission thoroughly. Pull the dipstick and smell the fluid to make sure it's not burnt. Make sure the transmission doesn't slip during acceleration, shifts smooth at less than WOT and firmly with Performance Shift on (97.5-2000 model years). Good luck!

EDIT: Make sure when you get the car to do all your maintenance as well.
    - Change transmission fluid (DON'T flush the tranny, it causes issues)
    - Change the supercharger oil, only use GM supercharger oil (2 bottles)
    - Fresh oil (I use synthetic without a problem, some people get leaks around the valve covers) and filter
    - Check the cabin air filter, change if necessary (I still have to do this!)
    - Flush the coolant and refill, do this every two years to be on the safe side
    - Change out the PCV valve

That's all I can think of right now.
    2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe | 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde
    Mah blog! (Guns!) Slamfire <- Linky

Oh the car will deffinetly be taken care of, yeah when my dad test drives cars he likes to get on them a good bit to make sure it is in good mechanical condition. I'll make sure we check the transmission fluid, thanks

One more question, would you recommend spending the extra money and getting the JimmyC v2 over the JimmC v1?

A 180* tstat does nothing unless your pcm is programmed for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast